This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Year - so how about a round of introductions

Lots of new members around so I thought I would start the ball rolling.. New and old members please introduce / reintroduce yourselves..

I'm Tony and I mainly collect Orient watches.. Prefer mechanical to quartz.. Check out my blog..

Cheers
    Tony Lewis
    New Zealand

Hello all.
    Richard from Wanaka here. I collect dive watches, seiko’s and others, inc vintage, retro and new divers. Have a great 2013. Regards Rich
    All the best Richie

Comment

Hi all,
      I'm Emerson from Nelson. I still have no idea what I'm trying to collect, hell I don't even know why I'm collecting, but it seems to be a little addictive.
      I will see where this addictive habit takes me in 2013.
      Cheers
      Emerson

Comment

Is this sort of like AA for watch collectors?
        Hi all
        I am brad and I am a WIS and I haven't bought a new watch for a week.....
        Like Emerson before me. I have no idea what I am collecting or why. I just buy whatever I like so far my collection consist of bit of everything from cheap PAM homage, g shock to low mid end Swiss and few seikos.

Comment

Hello all. I'm the other South Island Richard and I collect mainly dive watches from mainly Harlan! I live on the beautiful West Coast where often you need a dive watch without even entering the sea.

Cheers and have a great New Year.
          Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.

Comment

Kia Ora,
            I'm Ryan. I'm in Hamilton. Don't really collect a particular brand or type of watch. I just buy what I like

Have a great 2013 everyone!
            The Way of a Warrior is based on humanity, love, and sincerity; the heart of martial valor is true bravery, wisdom, love, and friendship. Emphasis on the physical aspects of warriorship is futile, for the power of the body is always limited - Osensei

Comment

Hi Im Paul. Dont buy a lot of watches like some here do, but like them all the same. Buy watches as I take a fancy to them.
              'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

Hi all ... Not a frequent poster but I'm Paul, live in Welly ... Love chunky dive watches and buy what I like ... UTS, ZInex, Boschett, etc. just got my first Tuna for Xmas .... A massive surprise

Comment

My name is John and I'm an idiot.
                  “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                  Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Hi tonyr here happy new year still trying to trade my seiko 6159 7001 looking for that omega seamaster

Comment

I'm Blair and I don't really collect watches... except when my customers fail to pick up their repairs.

I own Watches on Broadway in Auckland and I sell some nice brands and repair most of the others.
                      I usually post up when I've added to my watch repair blog and want an audience.

Blair.
                      "Even a broken clock is right two or three times a day." -- Goofy.

Comment

Hi ,
                        To those who don't know me I,m Pete,
                        My collection is mainly Divers, Seiko,s and Boutique Divers
                        my other collection is whiskey , but for some reason it never gets any larger, no matter how many I buy. :roll:
                        Currently Chch based but about to leave for Perth in a couple of days permanently ..
                        Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Good thinking as usual Tony!

Wayne here, Auckland based. Strayan born. Tend to buy what speaks to me so watch box shows more promiscuity across brands and genres than some. Common thread is 42mm + preference.

When I feel I've done enough to deserve it, I'll buy the Big Pilot that I covet. No rush.

Hope 2013 is good to all!
                          None of us are as smart as all of us.

Comment

Hi chaps and chapesses, I'm Alex. I live out in the sticks near a place called Greendale, which up until recently was known only to postman pat and his black and white cat.
                            I've been lurking around on this forum for a while now and am constantly amazed not only by the diversity of the watches collected and talked about, but also the humour that comes across on this small, but friendly site (some of the bigger forums should take note).
                            My main area of interest for many years since leaving the British armed forces is fixing and restoring vintage watches and pocket watches, particularly military pieces with a story to tell. I have also recently started to make leather watch straps which I have been enjoying enormously. :D
                            Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Steve here, I love watches got a soft spot for IWCs but not exclusively. Like Alex I enjoy the good humoured banter on this forum and especially the diversity of people and watches on offer.
                              Well done Tony for putting your hand up for mod duties. I reckon you need to buy yourself a new orient just to celebrate (that's if you can find one you don't already own )
                              “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Working...
                              X