X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My name is John and I'm an idiot.

MMMMM Tony;s my name and I am John's apprentice
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

You say it so convincingly John, who am I to disagree??!!

I'm Leroy. I moved back to Christchurch at the start of October after spending the best part of the previous 18 months living in Pukekohe and working at Auckland Airport. One of the best things about being part of this little NZ watch community was that I've had the opportunity over the last 12 months to meet quite a few of my fellow members. I can honestly say that it was a pleasure to meet all of you and I look forward to meeting a few more members in the near future.
      BTW - I'm in my mid 30s and have been afflicted by this bug for just over 2.5 years now.

Comment

Hey all,
        I'm Alex from Nelson (just turned 26) and I've been a member here for almost 2.5 years.

I mainly collect Seiko divers and the odd Citizen dive watch, usually sub $300 (used preferably), but I'm starting to think about bigger things.

Goals for 2013 would be to thin out my collection and think about something more serious - possibly a full-size Omega SMP quartz (IF: I can find a nice 2nd hand one, sell most of my collection and have my bonus come through!).

I've only really had one "new" watch this year, my Seiko Arnie - which was given to me by a bloke on a fishing forum (I've spent most of the year collecting the various bits required to get it running again, as shown here). Wasn't as easy as it sounds, I could have bought one off eBay for the same money I've spent fixing it!

Cheers,
        Alex
          [br]
        1. \"Luck is merely preparation meeting an opportunity\"
        2. [br]

[br]
          [br]
        1. My WAYWOF photo archive
        2. [br]

Comment

Love it

Comment

Hey all,
            I'm Alex from Nelson (just turned 26) and I've been a member here for almost 2.5 years.

I mainly collect Seiko divers and the odd Citizen dive watch, usually sub $300 (used preferably), but I'm starting to think about bigger things.

Goals for 2013 would be to thin out my collection and think about something more serious - possibly a full-size Omega SMP quartz (IF: I can find a nice 2nd hand one, sell most of my collection and have my bonus come through!).

I've only really had one "new" watch this year, my Seiko Arnie - which was given to me by a bloke on a fishing forum (I've spent most of the year collecting the various bits required to get it running again, as shown here). Wasn't as easy as it sounds, I could have bought one off eBay for the same money I've spent fixing it!

Cheers,
            Alex
            Great project Alex. Please post some picks when it is all put back together! I'll do the same with the ashtray!
            Regards RIch
            All the best Richie

Comment

Hi all,

I'm Gary from Christchurch. I was afflicted with the watch bug at a young age, though at the time I didnt know it. My first watch was a Yema hand wind, given to me as a birthday present around age 9 or 10. Winding it did my head in cause I kept forgetting, so imagine my excitement a few months later, when I saw an advertisement for a watch called a Rolex, that WOUND ITSELF! Of course it was expensive, it wound itself! But I resolved to buy one. Clearly, my Father didn't want me to know about this watch because he knew he would be expected to pay for it, cause he had all the magazines with these advertisements hidden under his bed. After decades, I've realised the folly of of lusting after a Rolex, so I bought a Seiko instead.

The more I learn about Seiko and it's history, the more hooked I get. Having killed my share of "waterproof" watches in over a decade of deep sea fishing in the late 80's and through the 90's, I have an appreciation for dive watches, and a soft spot for classic watches from the 70's, Seiko and Heuer in particular. My "collection" is modest so I'm here mostly to oggle at drool inducing pix and talk shop

Comment

I'm Chua from Auckland.
                I don't qualify as a 'collector'... I just really like watches and enjoy having a small selection to choose from.

Cheers!
                "at least it won't be a down-trou" - Dean Barker 07/09/2013 (PDT)

Comment

I'm Nick.
                  I'm a watchmaker here in Christchurch.
                  I've been fixing watches for a little over 6 years now. Not really a collector - more interested in the tools and techniques of watchmaking.
                  I do however have a few watches that I enjoy wearing.
                  I\'m not saying kill all the stupid people. I\'m just saying remove all the warning labels and the problem will sort itself out.

Comment

Hi, I'm andy. I like good sized watches, some of them create a good workout just by wearing them. I hit a grail this year, but have a few others I'm working towards. I need to thin out the collection a bit too, might be hitting the marketplace soon. Remember, all tuna is good tuna
                    Actively seeking Tuna of all shapes and sizes...to hunt your pride of lions...

Comment

Sould I have said that I'm Australian? (probably not)

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm Johan from Auckland (Moved in April 2012). Lived in Dunedin for 7 years prior to this.

I don't think I qualify as a collector! Like all sort of watches but prefer manual wind watches

Comment

Hey all

My name is Cass and I dont have a particular style that I collect, I do prefer big divers but the female in me screams out for a feminine watch every now and again. I think my addiction to watches started with a friend of my brother's Boy London watch that I loved, but I was only 15 so dont hold that against me, hopefully my taste has improved since then, I am pretty new to the forum so hope to get to know you all a bit better

Cheers
                          Cass

Comment

Hey all,

Name is Al, or Alistair, or Oi you!.

Got into watches in a big way last year when I purchased my wedding watch (wife got diamonds, so I get watch, Fair enough?) Purchased my first ever Rolex, A GMT II ceramic. before that I was into Omega, Breitling and Tag really.

First Swiss watch was a Tag Kirim, that started it all really

Tag Aquaracer - Chrono - Sold
                            Ebel 1911 Discovery
                            Breitling SOSF, (NOS parts and aftermarket, assembled by me)
                            Tag Heauer 500m - Sold
                            IWC inginer - Sold
                            Tag Heuer Grand Carrera 36 - Sold
                            Panari 111 - Sold
                            Rolex Yachtmaster - Sold
                            Squale 2003 50ATM - NOS
                            Squale Rambo - NOS

Now I have the bug for Rolex and Tudor

So what watches have I purchased since the wedding watch?

GMT IIC
                            16610LV
                            Explorer II 40mm Black

Tudor 9411 Blue
                            Tudor 7032 - NOS parts and aftermarket, assembles by me

I am sure there are some others that I have forgotten but look forward to sharing my collection as it changes.

What would my grail be? I have two

Tudor 7032
                            6542 GMT Rolex Vintage PAN-AM

Comment

Hey all,

Name is Al, or Alistair, or Oi you!.

Got into watches in a big way last year when I purchased my wedding watch (wife got diamonds, so I get watch, Fair enough?) Purchased my first ever Rolex, A GMT II ceramic. before that I was into Omega, Breitling and Tag really.

First Swiss watch was a Tag Kirim, that started it all really

Tag Aquaracer - Chrono - Sold
                              Ebel 1911 Discovery
                              Breitling SOSF, (NOS parts and aftermarket, assembled by me)
                              Tag Heauer 500m - Sold
                              IWC inginer - Sold
                              Tag Heuer Grand Carrera 36 - Sold
                              Panari 111 - Sold
                              Rolex Yachtmaster - Sold
                              Squale 2003 50ATM - NOS
                              Squale Rambo - NOS

Now I have the bug for Rolex and Tudor

So what watches have I purchased since the wedding watch?

GMT IIC
                              16610LV
                              Explorer II 40mm Black

Tudor 9411 Blue
                              Tudor 7032 - NOS parts and aftermarket, assembles by me

I am sure there are some others that I have forgotten but look forward to sharing my collection as it changes.

What would my grail be? I have two

Tudor 7032
                              6542 GMT Rolex Vintage PAN-AM

Hi Al,

and going by your handle, you are a 'sparkie'??
                              Tony Lewis
                              New Zealand

Comment

Hi Al,

and going by your handle, you are a 'sparkie'??

Hit the nail on the head mate, Well I am a Sparkie by trade now I sit behind a desk managing the guys who trained me...

Comment

Working...
                                X