This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All,

My name is Phil, I currently live in Wanganui With CAss (wild_one) and we are attempting to renovate our house . My first real watch that got me hooked was a Croton 500m diver. I gave it to my brother with the (self) promise of getting something better and quickly. Soon after that I purchased a Marathon JSAR off H-Man and haven't looked back. Divers are my bag. Big, chunky divers. My collection currently is sitting at 10 watches which I would like to expand to 13 before the end of the year.

So, if any of you are passing through the Nui please feel free to pop in for a brew, dram etc Cass and I would love to chat.

Peace
    Phil
    "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It can not be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell" - Buddha

Comment

Hi all

Does seema a bit like an AA meeting!

Jason here, in Auckland - just back from a break in the Coromandel

Bought and sold a few over the last year or two, moved from the entry level Seikos to big boutique divers - so like many, I like big divers - At the moment pondering what to do this year, considering consolidating a little, and getting a piece I lust after - perhaps a U1, UTS, or maybe an Enzo.... but I suspect my impetuous nature will lead me to another Helson, or perhaps an H2O

Best wishes for 2013
      Jason

Comment

Kia Ora. Jeff here. I have a home in Browns Bay and fly in and out of NZ. I've been collecting watches for about 23 years and have been in and out of so many brands. I've also been collecting straps for about 5 years. I'm an incurable WIS and love single malts. Cheers to all.

Comment

Hi all, I am new to collecting but thinking back have been interested for as long as I can remember. Until I found this site about four months ago I was very happy with my Rolex Sub I have worn constantly, when it wasn't getting fixed, for twenty years. Since then I have taken an interest in Seiko, esp divers.
          I am an arable farmer on the Canterbury plains with many other interests that fill my day in, but these watches are quite addictive aren' t they? And on a good day my wife calls me Damon.

Comment

Welcome Damon Hope the harvest is going well. Look forward to your contributions :thumbup:
            Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Welcome to all the new members. We've had a bit of a rush of them lately which is great.

Comment

My name is John and I live in Dunedin (user name is reference to my thinking that Buddy Holly is greater than Elvis Presley).

Purchased my first "proper" watch in about 1995 which was a 40s manual wind Omega and at one time I owned about 20 vintage watches. I culled a lot of my collection to part fund some new watches (PAM112, Speedmaster).

Some of them I don't miss but some I regret (60s IWC in beautiful condition being the main one).

I prefer stainless steel and don't particularly like gold watches to wear myself (IWC was gold plated hence being able to part with it).

Omega would be my favourite house and I also like vintage Longines.

Watches I'd like to own (with a realistic chance of one day getting them as opposed to the big money stuff like Pateks):
                Brietling Navitimer
                A plain 60s stainless steel Eternamatic in great condition that isn't too small (owned an ok one but it had a slightly bent lug so sold it and had another that was a bit small so sold it too)
                A stainless IWC (also 60s)
                Rolex sub
                Omega Constellation SS Pie Pan

Comment

user name is reference to my thinking that Buddy Holly is greater than Elvis Presley.

To a certain extent it's like comparing apples and oranges, but the reality is that Buddy Holy was the true pioneer.

Comment

poor buddy, the only thing that survived the crash were his glasses..

“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                    Always aim to be that man.

Comment

poor buddy, the only thing that survived the crash were his glasses..

Damn ! He must have been a big fella...
                      None of us are as smart as all of us.

Comment

actually the people are about 50m behind them, its all explained in the clip below :D

“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                        Always aim to be that man.

Comment

:D Hi I am an Oz ,born in Brisbane, spent 20 years barracking for Collingwood and a few years playing for Black rock, saw the light and came to Gods own country where I found Hamilton gave me all I ever wanted for over fifty five years. i do love watches but have nearly finished my run, Previously Omega ,American Railroad pocket watches and Ship Chronos were my passion .
                          My names George and in the past Ive probably sold many of our members a watch., .
                          Recently I loved seeing a great Waikato coach and playerwith a saying hanging in his home for motivation.
                          SOME PEOPLE WANT IT TO HAPPEN,SOME WISH IT WOULD HAPPEN,OTHERS MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Comment

Collingwood Geo??!!!! And I thought you were one of the sensible ones.

Comment

LeRoy,I was so keen I even watched McHale coach them every Thursday, You do become 1 eyed....4 your team!

Comment

McHale!!!! That shows your age!! Haha! Still I'm guessing you were very young when he was in charge. Where was that? Victoria Park?

Comment

Working...
                                X