Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys. I am a new member as a result of recommendation of the Emperor. Have been keen on watches since being a nipper and have accumulated quite a few since.I basically like them all and buy a number and find it hand to part with any of them. Whilst lurking around this board, I have enjoyed the informality of the posts and general sense of fun.

Next bit - I am an Aussie living near the Gold Coast and proud of it. Drive a new Holden Thunder Ute (Black) and ride a new Harley VRod Muscle (Also Black) - no sign of white or silver on either and no sheep in sight.

Like one of you guys I used to that i collected wines and whiskys - damn fool - the more I collected the more disappeared and the more my son and his mates visited. They get at my nice steaks and bar-b-que them as well.

Anyway us aussies can't be that bad. Half of Chrischurh has moved to the Goldie lately and seem to be fitting in OK. Since the building game is shit on the Goldie lately half our chippies are over their giving a hand.

I also have a few parts for watches and don't mind helping out from time to time.

Anyway I am looking forward to a lot of fun on this board. We don't have a local one here as far as I know.

Cheers Phil

From one aussie to another, welcome aboard Phil. Loads of top chaps on this site especially Emperor for getting you to join in on the circus. :D Look forward to seeing some of the collection your've amassed over the years. Peace
    "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It can not be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell" - Buddha

Comment

welcome along Phil, its a veritable United Nations of Wisdom here! primarily due to the fact that there aint enough people here for them to make a team of their own its a great place, just stay away from the one called H. he is a bad influence
      “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
      Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Good to see you made it here, Phil.. Hopefully you might show a few of your more unusual pieces and their backstory, eg that Citizen you showed me when we met in Brisbane..
        Tony Lewis
        New Zealand

Comment

G'day Phil, great to have you along for the ride :thumbup: So, I take it that anzac accosted you with his socks full of Orients then Looking forward to your contributions :D
          Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

I take it that anzac accosted you with his socks full of Orients

“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
            Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Welcome Phil, we love pictures so looking forward to seeing what you've got. :thumbup:
              “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Hi Phil and welcome, I too like pictures :D maybe some of the Vrod also, I had one a couple years back with the view of getting one again but the funds seem to have turned into watches :evil: :evil:

Comment

Welcome Phil

Lots of knowledge here, bonus is good blokes (and the odd blokette) to boot. Plenty of us transplanted Aussies too.
                  None of us are as smart as all of us.

Comment

Welcome & 'awesome 1st Intro Post (10/10) - also good work OE (Orient Emperor) for connecting Phil to our eclectic bunch of WIS. What I like about watches, is,

'they're difficult to wrap round power poles'
                    Harlan
                    Timekeeper Watch Club
                    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Glad to have ya onboard .... Enjoy ya time here mate ..
                      I've just transplanted myself from NZ to WA so if you know a good online Whisky source here on Aussie let me know .:grin::grin:
                      Again enjoy it here
                      Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using T
                      apatalk
                      Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Welcome Phil!
                        This forum is pretty welcoming and friendly, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                        "at least it won't be a down-trou" - Dean Barker 07/09/2013 (PDT)

Comment

I'll add my welcome Phil,
                          Looking forward to seeing some pix of your collection too. Couldnt give you exact numbers but it seems there are more than a few bikers on this site. Stands to reason you own a ute if you ever owned a Harley, gotta get it home somehow

Gary.

Comment

Welcome to this mighty forum Phil, great bunch, so lets see some pics :D
                            'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

G'day Phil,

Welcome. I'm from Sydney but lived in NZ for the best part of a dozen years now, mostly in Quake-town. Lookin forward to hearing more from you and interested to hear what you call "near the Gold Coast" (commonly called the Goldy, or even just the plain old Gold Coast by locals and Aussies, NOT the GC like pea-brained, muscled morons transplanted from Ngaruawahia call it). Are you in Murwillimbah or somewhere like that? Leroy.

Comment

Working...
                              X