Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys. Thanks for the awesome welcome. I love pics also but have been shafted by photopucket and have lost about 600 watch and bike pics. Am trying to work out another system and a way of retrieving the ones I have already taken.

Yeah mate I do live in Mur-bah but don't use the name much as most times it then requires an explanation.

As far a reliability of Harley goes, its not like the old days when you needed to have your missus follow you in the ute every time you rode. In fact these days she refuses to drive it. Has a new Suzuki Swift. Harley seem to have their act together these days and the only time we need the backup vehicle is when some idiot falls off. Our club have a large backup trailer and recently sold for lack of use.

The VRod as some of you already know is a completely different kettle of fish to other Harleys, being watercooled and engine designed by Porsche and built with high quality German engine components. Reliability is excellent and if when I visited a Harley dealership recently to buy the correct tool kit (they dont come with one new) the guy behind the counter said "don't bother - you won't need one".

I would love to post pic of the watch I am wearing. I bought it as wreck from one the better Phillipinos dealers for about 8 bucks on the bay as a Seiko 6309-7290. The movement turned out to be a 21j 6319 in good nick. So I went to the parts bin and put in a new standard bezel, Yellow dial, Black open hour and minute hand with Lime green second hand. Then new crystal and Black PVD sharkmesh Strap from Watchadoo. It looks spectacular and shows use can mongrelise a watch and make it look good. Will post pics when I get this sorted.

Cheers Phil

I

Comment

As far a reliability of Harley goes, its not like the old days when you needed to have your missus follow you in the ute every time you rode...
      I

I was only pulling your leg. If I wasn't a Moto Guzzi man I could easily see myself on a Harley. Shame about the demise of Buell, not a smart move in my view.

Attached files

Comment

Hey mate. Really do love the Guzzi. I did like the B a few years ago but don't fit on one anymore. The years are catching up a bit now. The VRod doesn't handle as well but shit it wastes them in a straight line . I have been beaten by a Busa at the lights but still ride like I stole it . Cheers Phil

Comment

Working...
        X