Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy - Modem Burner

G'day,

new guy checking in. I go by the same username on a couple of other watch forums and recognise a few names here, but look forward to getting to know everyone, and hopefully contributing something worthwhile.
    I'm currently Dunedin based (the last five years), but hail from Sydney I'm a PhD candidate (English) at the University of Otago, and a few months away from submitting and hopefully, once again having an income. I tend to gravitate towards dive/sports watches at the dressier end of the spectrum, and with pencil-thin wrists, I've come to prize comfort above practically all else. So with that said, below is the, ahem... collection:

The two Omegas are my daily wearers, the re-dialed VC was my late grandfather's, and the Orient a souvenir from a trip to Tokyo (but hardly worn). Not pictured is my weekend G-Shock.

And three that have come and gone in the last year or so:

The Lemania 5100 is without a doubt my favourite chrono movement. Just so legible. :thumbup:

This beast went to one of the forum members here.

Really miss the 300T and would definitely grab another down the track, should the opportunity arise.

With the arrival of our wee-one last year, and me currently without an income, watch purchases are strictly out of the question for now. But post-PhD plans include an IWC 3227-01, Rolex 1675, 1680, and Explorer I, Girard Perregaux Sea Hawk Pro II 1000m, etc., etc...

Thanks for reading.

Jared
    Jared

Welcome to the forum Jared. You have nice taste in watches and I'm sure you'll fit right in :D I'd imagine you'll be earning a PhD in shoveling snow in Dunedin at the moment?
    \"Everyone needs a hobby\" James Bond, Skyfall

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Great selection of watches!
      “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Welcome Jared!
        Some very cool watches there - both past and present! Good to have another skinny-wristed Asian brother here.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        "at least it won't be a down-trou" - Dean Barker 07/09/2013 (PDT)

Comment

Hi Jared, Very nice watches, welcome to the forum. :D
          'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Welcome Jared!
            Some very cool watches there - both past and present! Good to have another skinny-wristed Asian brother here.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

haha may be we can start our own sub forum!!!

Comment

Welcome Jared

great collection!!! PhD now that's something to be proud of.
              All the best with your study and enjoy your time here

Brad

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
                Looking forward to hanging out here. Love the inclusion of a whiskey forum, too. I'm by no means a connoisseur, but enjoy having a bottle of Jameson or Tullamor Dew always at the ready. 8-)
                Jared

Comment

I'd imagine you'll be earning a PhD in shoveling snow in Dunedin at the moment?

None yet, apart from the tops of some of the outlying hills. Shame too, as being from Sydney a bit of snow is still something of a treat. By all accounts, tomorrow we can expect sleet, rain and hail but little snow.
                  Jared

Comment

G'day fellow Sydney-ite. Proper city that one. They don't have any proper cities here in NooZeeland, so they're all still a bit country and sometimes you have to talk slow. Luckily there are a growing number of Aussies joining our little forum, both NZ and Australian based. At the very least we've got Wayne ("YeahNah"), George ("hawkeye"), Mark ("Martog"), Nathan ("kew", although we don't hear much from him here these days). But that lot are mostly banana benders and Mexicans so it's good to have another proper Aussie from Sydney on board. We also have some non-Aussie members who are fluent in "Strayan" - "the doctor" has spent enough time at the The Coogee Bay Hotel to know how to say, "HEY DAVO!!! IT'S YOUR SHOUT YA F*KEN W%#KER!!" without breaking a sweat, and believe it or not our most intelligent member ("don") was raised in the lucky country before moving to the Eastern Isles just a few years ago. Anyway, now that I've alienated everyone on here..................... Welcome, and nice VC.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Jared. Some nice watches you have there.
                      'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

Welcome to the forum Jared. Some nice watches you have there.

And Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another Aussie!! How could I forget??!! He's even got it in his name FCS!!

Comment

Aussies everywhere. I feel at home already. :D
                          Jared

Comment

G'day fellow Sydney-ite. Proper city that one. They don't have any proper cities here in NooZeeland, so they're all still a bit country and sometimes you have to talk slow. Luckily there are a growing number of Aussies joining our little forum, both NZ and Australian based. At the very least we've got Wayne ("YeahNah"), George ("hawkeye"), Mark ("Martog"), Nathan ("kew", although we don't hear much from him here these days). But that lot are mostly banana benders and Mexicans so it's good to have another proper Aussie from Sydney on board. We also have some non-Aussie members who are fluent in "Strayan" - "the doctor" has spent enough time at the The Coogee Bay Hotel to know how to say, "HEY DAVO!!! IT'S YOUR SHOUT YA F*KEN W%#KER!!" without breaking a sweat, and believe it or not our most intelligent member ("don") was raised in the lucky country before moving to the Eastern Isles just a few years ago. Anyway, now that I've alienated everyone on here..................... Welcome, and nice VC.

Now I know why you are giving away a watch

Comment

Welcome jared :thumbup: It looks like your "wee one" has already claimed one of your watches Great pic
                              Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Working...
                              X