New member from Tauaranga

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Tauaranga

I've been lurking on these forums on and off for some time now, and have finally joined up as this is probably the best place in the known universe (or at least the immediate environs) to get advice on watches. Well done all those members and administrators.

I'm not a collector, although I do have about half a dozen different wristwatches and pocket watches. The advice I'm looking for concerns an old Pierpont wristwatch. It was a 21st birthday present from my parents, and was used daily for many years before being packed away until about 12 years ago. It was then given a clean and lubricate, new glass and strap, and possibly a new crown. It is wound up every morning, but now loses about 10 minutes or so each month.

It will soon be 50 years old, so deserves a new round of tlc (and perhaps a small celebration). The exterior is in quite good condition considering its age, but the new glass is considerably taller than the original, and that bothers me a little. Otherwise no complaints.

Any advice on what to do with it, and where to get it done, would be appreciated.

No advice to offer, but welcome

Comment

You must be a collector if you have a collection Pass on any places in Tauranga, but you could send it to Dave for a service, lovely watch and welcome

Comment

Thanks, guys. Now I need to find out who Dave is, and how to contact him.

I don't consider the watches to be a collection. More a hoarding of watches that have seen daily use at some time or another.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Now I need to find out who Dave is, and how to contact him.

I don't consider the watches to be a collection. More a hoarding of watches that have seen daily use at some time or another.

kiwidave is his username on this forum if you wish to send him a PM..
          Tony Lewis
          New Zealand

Comment

Working...
          X