Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi pleased to meet you

Hi
    My name is Steve , through a bit of a process of looking for a watch that looked like a modern version of my fathers I learned about the watch collecting world I don't know if I belong here as I like wearing my watches and the longer I have them and the more beat up they get the more I don't want to part with them .Unfortunately I haven't kept all of my watches either as they died I didn't get them fixed, ,bad of me I know, but never saw them as a sentimental object just a tool I guess ,although I have always appreciated nice watches I am to tight to spend money on something I would be to scared to wear .It wasn't until my father died and my Mum asked me if their was anything of his I wanted ,I replied I would like his old watch which was my Grandfathers and that started a journey that I have enjoyed and ended me up here . I have only had value for money watches in the past Casio, Citizen, Seiko and can't see that changing really .I really like all the other peoples watches and looking at them hope that doesn't make me a lurker? I will post a picture of my Grandfathers watch as it is I think a 1950ish watch a Pierce which someone maybe able to tell me more about .Well thanks guys for existing it's really nice to have an NZ site and looking forward to reading a lot more of it.
    GrandPop

Welcome Steve. Enjoy your time here, I'm sure someone will have info on your Pierce.
    “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Welcome aboard Steve :thumbup: . Looking forward to your contributions (Posts not cash )
      Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Welcome Grandpop! My Citizen is the watch that gets more wrist time by triple than anything else in my collection, followed by a Casio. Enjoy the forum

Comment

:D Thanks guys .I am enjoying it no end great site .

Comment

Welcome aboard Grandpop, you never know where this will lead, I inherited my fathers two pocket watches, it brought me here too...!
            While i'm not as good as i once was.....i'm as good once as i ever was.......!

Comment

Hi Steve, there is nothing wrong with Seiko. I think they sometimes really hit the taste of the crowd. :thumbup:
              Time keeps on slippin\', slippin\', slippin\' Into the future (Steve Miller Band)

Comment

Working...
              X