Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A belated hi from Welly

Hi all

Apologies for not introducing myself earlier but have been overseas for most of the last month. I've been interested in watches since I was a kid ( let's just say mid 70's when my dad who was an avid watch lover bought me my first Watch for my 15th birthday, a Seiko 6139 Pogue gold which I still have.

My interests outside of watches revolve around wine, (which is very close to watches due to the need to check during the day how close it is to 'wine o'clock'), music; playing and listening and cars and bikes.

I love automotive inspired watches and have built a small collection. I also love smaller simple pilots watches 40-43mm due to my small wrist size.

The recent proliferation of bronze and brass cases watches also takes my fancy and there are some really nice examples in the micro brand area that I like. A mate just bought an Armida 8 which looks great and I recently bought a Steinhart Ocean One bronze which is fantastic quality for the price.

Outside the home I love cycling and skiing and trying to keep the old body in tone, a greater challenge with every passing year.

Also, I might add that getting on the wrong side of Don isn't one of my pastimes despite our recent exchange!!

Seriously this is a great forum and it's great to read reviews and comments from passionate watch lovers. I hope to be able to contribute to the discussion in meaningful ways in the future.
    Cheers
    Brett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum Brett, looking at your interests you will fit in well here :thumbup:
    “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Welcome Brett!

Live long and prosper.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Brett.
        'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

Welcome

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

Welcome from Kapiti.. :thumbup:
            Tony Lewis
            New Zealand

Comment

Welcome from Kapiti..
              Thanks guys!

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome and enjoy (also Wgtn)

Comment

Welcome! Great place... looking forward to your contributions