Better late than never...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better late than never...

Probably should have done this months ago...

If you looked on Scouser's intro you'd have seen I hail from the same neck of the woods.Can't remember not loving or ever not wearing a watch. Got my first - a Timex, for my 7th birthday; white dial, black numbers and a red second hand, as simple as you can get. Had loads since and currently got too many! I suffer from seller's remorse more than buyer's though, so I doubt they're going anywhere soon.

If you checked out any of my daily watch checks then you'd have picked up on the 2nd great obsession in my life; synthesizers. I've got too bloody many of those as well!

Anyway, glad to make all your acquaintances. I'll try to be a bit more active on the threads and hope to learn loads more about this wonderful hobby/obsession/money pit from more experienced heads.

Cheers,
    Neil

Achievable grail: Skydweller
    Lottery win grail: Patek Nautilus 5726
    If I think of something witty, I'll be sure to write it here.

Welcome Neil but holy 's**t' you don't have low aspirations do you, nah seriously if I had any money, and wanted a R O L E X, being a sucker for bleu and sunburst finishes, a rubber strap equipped Sky-Dweller would be right up there... as for #5726 PP, dream on!

Achievable grail: Skydweller
    Lottery win grail: Patek Nautilus 5726 - sjb

Click image for larger version  Name:	rolex_5503889.jpg Views:	1 Size:	149.3 KB ID:	39417
    Image Courtesy watchprosite
    Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

What's the point in aiming low? Black face on steel for the Sky-Dweller (white gold one is stupid money, and stupid money goes on the Nautilus).

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Neil.

Originally posted by sjb View Post
        ...hobby/obsession/money pit....
        ...you mean we have a choice?

A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Comment

Welcome Neil....
          While i'm not as good as i once was.....i'm as good once as i ever was.......!

Comment

Thanks all!

Can't keep me eyes off that Sky-Dweller Harlan posted - just a work of art. Rolex showing when they want to innovate rather than playing safe, they really know how. That's an expensive itch to scratch though!

Comment

Welcome!

Like others I have noticed you have lots of cool straps & a styly ethos to measuring time in general.

(PS: someone should have hit up the Sky Dweller Cyclops Eye with the electric toothbrush since it is revoltingly surrounded by tartar!)
              Last edited by woodstock; 01-03-18, 17:00.

Comment

Thanks! I've got a bit of a thing for straps - got so many they've filled up a whole drawer!

Comment

Working...
                X