No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI all.

I am very new to the watch hobby - I never really realised it could be a hobby until very recently.

After going down a long, strange, path this year I found that I had a previously unknown desire for a watch. I haven't worn one in a long time, mostly due to the exigencies of my job in food and pharmaceutical manufacturing where a watch is just something else that needs to be taken off and on all day.

Anyway, I started looking into watches a few months ago. I am approaching them as an accessory or jewellery (which I don't wear either). The advent of the smart phone pretty much removed any real utility value of watches - for me at least.

So, after falling down the YouTube rabbit hole many times with other interests I explored some watches and finally mande a decision as to which was going to be my first purchase.

It arrived a couple of days ago:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ojbq7pgl.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	53888

It is an Era Prometheus Tourbillon.

I had never even heard of a tourbillon 4 months ago.

Now I'm a big fan

Nice bit of kit. And welcome!

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

Welcome to what must the tiniest (most exclusive) watch club there is AD345

I had to google your wrist kit, it's a KICKSTARTER item, would be interested to know how you get on with it in time.

10/10 Sir

Originally posted by AD345 View Post
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Ojbq7pgl.jpg Views:	9 Size:	61.8 KB ID:	53888

It is an Era Prometheus Tourbillon.

I had never even heard of a tourbillon 4 months ago.

Now I'm a big fan
        Last edited by Admin; 01-11-19, 14:25.
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club
        Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Thanks Harlan. Yeah, the Era story is quite interesting and they seem to be going from strength to strength. I am planning on getting more of their watches over time (geddit? ).
          Next one will be the Solaris in a few months and then their new "wandering hour" Swiss-made diver, the Poseidon.
          It looks pretty trick

Comment

Welcome AD345!
            ''Suum cuique tribuere,,

''Sic transit gloria mundi,,

Comment

Working...
            X