Kia Ora!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kia Ora!!!

I'm a new collector, here's my little story.

I got my first watch just before I started uni a few years back, I needed a timepiece that made me feel more sophisticated because I thought that was the first step of adulthood, boy that was quite a view on life. My very young and impressionable self got bamboozled by the many fashion watches that started to take over social media and I bought myself an MVMT thinking I totally scored. A couple of years later I realised the actual value of the watch and it made me wanna curl up into a ball and hide the watch in my drawer of shame. 2020 hits and I find myself with suddenly a lot of time on my hands, quite literally. A few watches later I'm fully into collecting. My taste is still quite broad, the more I look into watches the more I realise that collecting can be a scary abyss. Lately, I've been looking at vintages though.

Looking forward to reading about your wrists.

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story. There's plenty to see, read and do on TKNZ so I'm sure you'll find lots to satisfy your new hobby.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Great place to learn and don't be afraid to ask questions,
      As for the "Drawer of shame" I'm sure everyone here has one
      Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Welcome C_Mercio Daily Chat & Wrist Check posts are a great place to start the fun

Comment

Welcome and enjoy. Looking forward to photos and more stories. We all started our obsession somewhere....
          'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

Originally posted by pedro44 View Post
            Welcome aboard, Great place to learn and don't be afraid to ask questions,
            As for the "Drawer of shame" I'm sure everyone here has one
            I take that piece out every once and a while, just to remind me of where I started, I've grown to be okay with what I bought. I now don't reach for it because the 50mm lug to lug on my tiny wrist doesn't look as cool as I once thought

Comment

A belated welcome, C_Mercio. Looking forward to seeing where you're up in your hobby.

Originally posted by C_Mercio View Post
              ...My taste is still quite broad, the more I look into watches the more I realise that collecting can be a scary abyss. Lately, I've been looking at vintages though...
              We're here to help in whatever way possible. TKNZ has been up for over a decade now, so a lot of information and reference to be found. When the Internet was young, it was a place to seek knowledge and learn, and we said things like "Google is your friend." Not anymore though, as the Web has become heavily commercialized and Google search results depend on who pays the most for AdWords. Search engines have now become a friend with (one-sided) benefit.

On the other hand, using the Search box on our forum (top of the page) gets you credible and quality results faster, and you can immediately query it with members--try it out!
              On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Welcome to the forum C_Mercio.
                As Don mentioned in the post above, there's a wealth of information in the posts here. I've learned a lot from searching this forum.
                Prime example, a few months back I was researching the "Citizen BN0000-04H" as I'm going through a monobloc phase. Did a google search first and didn't find what I was after. Came back here and found a wealth of info https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/w...yal-navy-diver. Top quality!

Comment

Working...
                X