Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All
    It's about time I introduce myself
    My name is Fabio, I am originally from Italy and I've been living in NZ for 10 years now.

I've got bitten by the watch bug at the end of 2019 and now I spend my free time browsing forums and watching youtube videos in order to learn more about this fascinating world

At this stage I am trying to stick to entry level automatic watches, in order to understand all the quirks of these mechanical pieces... I mean, I've put myself on a wait list for a bb58 since I really like the look of that one, but it could still be a while before I get my hands on it

Fabio

Greetings Fabio. Welcome to the BB58 waiting list
    ...and the forum. I see there is a blue 58 on TM for sale, but I'm wanting the black and gilt version.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
      Greetings Fabio. Welcome to the BB58 waiting list
      ...and the forum. I see there is a blue 58 on TM for sale, but I'm wanting the black and gilt version.
      thank you! and it's black dial for me as well, the blue looks nice but I didn't fall in love with it

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of timekeeping squire.
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club
        New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Oh, I thought you were already a Timekeeper family member ...but welcome again, Fabio!

Originally posted by lepo76 View Post
          At this stage I am trying to stick to entry level automatic watches, in order to understand all the quirks of these mechanical pieces...
          That's a wise approach. When I started out in watches, I was young and did not have the financial means to indulge, so sticking to entry-level watches was the only choice. However, having done so created the limitations that, in any of life's endeavours, are necessarily to derive meaning.

Think of watch enthusiasm as pathway to the top of Monte Bianco. One can choose to get there by a helicopter ride--bang! instantly to the top--or one can choose to hike and climb. The latter, though much a self-imposed limitation, is also more meaningful, and you'll encounter interesting little things along the way. More likely than not, you will find that the best view is not necessarily the one from the peak.

In fact, you will never find this out if you just take the helicopter
          On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

• captainscarlet1
            captainscarlet1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Bugger that Don. I’ve done all my climbing up mountains. Helicopter for me thanks

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            Capt'in, for someone as seasoned as you, teleportation :D

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice way to put it all Don - really helps to have some (actual) pro's about

Else, we have just Karen, and auction sites, where bollox is drummed into our heads

We're all for walking in, they have to stop hell's landing in the HOOKER Valley, too many helo's .

Welcome to the forum Fabio ,
          I concur with what Don says,
          But would like to add that by reaching the peak you may not find what you want.
          I've traveled to what I consider my Peak only to find my that my ultimate happiness in watches lay at the Plateau halfway up the peak ,
          If I had recognized that earlier I would have saved buckets of money as I traveled back down
          Follow your gut feeling and enjoy your journey up the hill , I'm sure you will find your happy spot along the way.
          Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

• lepo76
            lepo76 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Pedro. That is a good point as well, and I guess taste can change with age... so maybe at some stage you’ll want to climb up there again and this time will love the view. That way you will not have to feel any more regrets for the money spent

• harlansmart
            harlansmart commented
            Editing a comment
            100% pedro44

My fave pieces were not platinum rollies

Best watches are those given to you, or those you hunted for, for ages

Welcome Fabio.

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
              There are plenty of interesting entry level automatics to be had. Vostoks are great fun watches for example.

Its an interesting journey and tastes evolve. I started out with a G-shock and really wanting a Planet Ocean, which I eventually acquired. Then I decided that Vostoks were cool and went to those for a few years. Now I’m more interested in set and forget watches so have come full circle to Citizen Eco-drive quartz but with a dose of titanium and monobloc cases

Comment

Working...
              X