Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

an intro and the obvious first question:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an intro and the obvious first question:)

well after a week or so of watching from afar, i figure its about time to say hello; that and the fact i now need some help

real name is john, a few folks on here know me now after lightening my wallet over the previous week or 2 living way out west in the great Tara of the Naki but originally from the highlands of scotland.

i now have a rather fine (by my standards) collection of time pieces with my little air king 5500 sitting proud as punch in the middle of the display case; although it does look somewhat light weight being surrounded by some of the monsters i now possess! im in the slow process of selecting a nice dress(suit) watch; current lead being the Mont Blanc time walker; and a chrono to complete the collection! (i know im kidding myself but its nice to pretent i have my buying under control) so ill be keeping an eye on the want to sell section over the coming months.

i have just recieved a gorgeous oris tt1 for my father as he managed to destroy his last one in a......lets say "helicopter incident" off the coast of Norway. i have fitted the spare link supplied but even with all the micro adjustment out it still sits very snug. would any of you good folks happen to know the best option for sourcing anther link? im aware of the typical cost so wanted to avoid approved dealers and their ilk and just wondered if anyone on here could steer me in the right direction. ill see about sticking a few pics of my babies up for comment, i have just taken delivery of 2 from the u.s and they are huge!!!!

anyway if anyone knows a good start point for the link id appreciate a wee heads up, bound to be a snifter in it somewhere down the track. so, its thursday, im done for the week and i have a bottle of blended 16yr olds Sheep Dip to explore

cheers
    “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

Hi John

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a nice collection going on. Look forward to the photos.

Will help you all we can to wean you off the blended stuff and into some good single malts.

Cheers
    Paul
    'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

hey, i see i will have my work cut out for me here regarding the merits of the blending dont let the name fool you! sheep dip is a proper drop. ill take this one to the proper thread and spread the gospel from there :twisted:

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!

Comment

I just think its a minor miracle that a Jock owns more than one watch! How did that tight fist get loosened up? Must've been away for too long.

Welcome John.

Comment

Welcome to the forum John .
          Blended is ok , I started on blended then the Doc and Pauloz converted me over to the Dark side of Single Malts.
          Never looked back :D
          Oris links , jeez mate , gonna have your work cut out , They are going for $60usd each on EBay :roll:
          maybe some one hear can hopefully help ya out .
          Enjoy your stay here mate
          Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Which TT1 did you buy, blue or white? The blue one belonged to me a few years back :D I'll check my box of spares to see if any links left, cannot promise anything though..

Comment

it was the blue one friend. much appreciated

Comment

Nice to meet you John.

Cannot help on Oris

Anyway, I look forward to see the photo of your watches

Comment

Welcome aboard John I know you will fit right in here
                  I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

I'll check my box of spares to see if any links left

Went through all my boxes but wasn't able to find anything, sorry

Comment

not a problem mate, thanks for the effort anyway.

i'll just need to brave the horror that is.........EPREY

Comment

Before you go to ebay, try to contact "Nairns Watch Services" 09-3581498 or "Watches Of Switzerland" 09-3032202 , who knows, may be they have something for you

Comment

you're a star & not the distant and dim type either

Comment

PM Sent Re. Oris TT1 Link
                            Harlan
                            Timekeeper Watch Club
                            Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Working...
                            X