new old member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new old member

ops: As my computer crashed some time ago and I lost everything, I have re invented myself with new password and am telling you a wee bit about self.
    My name is George, Im well retired and a founding member of Hamilton Vintage and Classic Car club, drive a real car a 1954 Morris Minor Traveller, am chum5 on TM and have 3 married children. I dont particularly know much about watches but have always loved them, as a 13 year old I was called tick tock H........ always adjusting my Smiths pocket watch.So its sorta grown from there. I do buy and sell some pieces as the bidding is an interest and at the end when selling you hope to at least cut even!
    I call Bingo for our Blind at the foundations social centre and have 2 lovely big labs...one gold one black.
    My watch for every day is either a magic old Hafis 23 jewel automatic and a Tudor mini sub black face. Both of these are me to a tee..
    I also enjoy those Railroad watches and ship Chronometers.
    I just love this sites magic watch articles...it has some very talented contributors.
    cheers George

Welcome back George.
    'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

Who's this Laura

Welcome back Geo
      Harlan
      Timekeeper Watch Club
      Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Hey George, welcome back.
        I grew up in Hamilton and my family name is WEEKS. My father - Bruce, has been involved in Car building, karting and a base member of the Hamilton Motorcycle club. He is now retired from being a co-founder of a couple of companies (Hallmark & Woolrest International), in Hamilton. I keep urging him to join a classic club as he has recently rebuilt an Ariel motorcycle back to mint, (the same type he owned as a 15yr old in England). I am about to send you an F300 to get your experts opinion on a fix. I hope you can help. For me, this forum has already proven itself for valuable contacts.

Jody.
        Give sarcasm a chance.

Comment

Jody If I can help am only too pleased, my MC knowledge is little , but I may be able to get at someone, I had an old mate in Tuakau Bert Harris...now he had 24 bikes one of which was an aerial 4 square 1939! sadly the bikes are gone as is Bert. Sorta reminded me of his true story of his maori friend in the twenties...they were doing a lousy labouring job and his maori frind Kunee says to Bert Bert Ill be pleased when Im sick of this job!

Comment

Jody I have your f300 in hand ..its at Bills now, cheers geo

Comment

Working...
            X