Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hi All,

I've been lurking here for a bit, then decided to join up and now post. I've long had a fascination with good and good looking watches, although never actually owned any. My interest at the moment is to find a good looking, quality watch without spending thousands, although I may well do that later. I've long had a hankering for an SMP.

Currently I mostly sport an astina wannabe submariner, and as I said, I'm looking to go for something in a different league. I found this site while searching for an NZ distributor for Marathon, of which it appears there are none. I'm quite taken by the GSAR, and have a couple of questions, which I'm assuming I would need to post in an on-topic thread elsewhere, so I shall do that later.

I also think the Suunto ambit would be kinda cool, and I would expect more collectible than a G shock Pro-trek.

There are a few others on my grail list, but i think these are good for starters.

Cheers
    Mr T.

Welcome aboard Mr T.
    A good place to be .
    Plenty of good people here and always something for sale .
    If you drink Single malts that's even better :thumbup:
    Enjoy your time here and don't be afraid to put your 2 cents in.
    Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the watch quest and I endorse what Pete says, don't be shy giving your 2c worth :thumbup:
      “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

I do like the occasional single malt, with a partiality for Talisker. Recently I've been leaning a little more to the products of Kentucky & Tennessee. Seeing the Malt sub board was what decided me on joining up :D

My malt collection is modest, but I'm working on it.

(no empties amongst it)

The other assorted spirits are tucked away

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

I do like the occasional single malt, with a partiality for Talisker. Recently I've been leaning a little more to the products of Kentucky & Tennessee. Seeing the Malt sub board was what decided me on joining up :D

My malt collection is modest, but I'm working on it.

(no empties amongst it)

The other assorted spirits are tucked away

Welcome to the forum Tosh. Always room for more watch enthusiasts and novice whisky drinkers willing to learn a thing or two.

Cheers =/
          Paul
          'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

A modest collection Yeah Right
            Not many novices claim ownership of a bottle of Balvenie and bottle of Singleton as malt whiskys. I'm impressed
            Welcome Mr T I know you will fit right in and sometimes we can talk about watch's too
            I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Mr T Welcome to the forum. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks your collection of amber nectar is a little more than modest. I am only able to collect one bottle at a time. If I had yours I wouldn't be much use to anyone
              Look forward to seeing your recent aquisition on WAYWOF 8-)
              Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Now I will have to take a photo of my whisky selection....where is that wide angle lens
                'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

Mr T Welcome to the forum. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks your collection of amber nectar is a little more than modest. I am only able to collect one bottle at a time. If I had yours I wouldn't be much use to anyone
                  Look forward to seeing your recent aquisition on WAYWOF 8-)

LOL thanks! That collection was made 1 bottle at a time. I used to think it was quite good and on par with that of a pretty good bar I used to frequent a lot, however seeing a recent post remarking on malts "in the under $500 range" I realised I have a long long way to go. :mrgreen: Also most of them are younger, generally the 12 to 15 year bracket.

Comment

Hey MrT - so everyones said it better and more eloquently than I can, 'WELCOME'

Holy Smokes... I am on my very last bottle and you have this lot to drink... maybe give me your address (send a PM don't want the riff raff now do we)

Harlan
                    Timekeeper Watch Club
                    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Who you calling riff raff :evil:
                      i come from a distinguished family...... I just can't find them.... or they don't want me to find them :?

Comment

Who you calling riff raff :evil:
                        i come from a distinguished family...... I just can't find them.... or they don't want me to find them :?
                        You rang?

Comment

You rang?

:D :D I think I found a family :D :D

Comment

You rang?

:D :D I think I found a family :D :D

You just want to inherit my whisky Pete

Comment

Talking about family :roll: :roll: When I was 6 my home ran away from me ,We lived in a converted bus and I fell out .............
                              I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Working...
                              X