Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow myself to introduce myself.

Hi everyone.

My name is Blair Shallard and I own Watches on Broadway in Newmarket. I service watches onsite, and sell a range of new watches.
    I discovered this group by chance the other evening, and after having a look around thought I might join in the discussion. I'm not much of a collector personally, but I do a bit of work for the odd collector here and there. I'm currently servicing an Audmars Piguet Royal Oak automatic, 18ct Breguet manual wind, and I also have an 18ct white Patek Philippe back wind to do. I own a vintage IWC auto, and a rather nice Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece automatic with big date and small seconds, among other lesser watches.
    I have own and drunk a number of single malts in the past, from the obvious Laphroig, through to the less obvious Glenkinchie. My regular favorite would be either Dalmore or Highland Park. These days though, my wife has introduced me to Tequila, and I've found a good one such as Heradura to taste very much like a good single malt.

I thought if it's cool with everyone, I might periodically post photos and descriptions of some of the more interesting repair jobs I undertake. I should also be able to answer a few of your technical questions. I admit I don't do a lot of reading on watches, watch companies or their histories, so all observations will come from my bench experience.

Cheers,
    Blair.
    "Even a broken clock is right two or three times a day." -- Goofy.

Welcome Blair, I can see you will fit in here perfect, sounds like some very nice watches your repairing :D i love vintage so i know who to ask in the future, as for the drinks side you will also fit in well, but if your up Auckland way just watch out for the Doctor and halan, you just could become a pissh''d ,look forward to your pics so enjoy as there a great bunch on here. Pete, [cyma]
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Welcome Blair. always good to have members willing to share their knowledge, experiences and the occasional faux pas. :D
      'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

Welcome to the forum Blair.
        Glad to have you aboard ,
        Glad you are prepared to share your experiences .
        Hopefully your are as generous with your single malts as well .
        Enjoy your time here .
        Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Cheers guys.

It'll have to wait until I get back to work on Monday, but I thought I could start the ball rolling by showing how I replaced all the teeth on an obsolete wheel from the auto winding on an old (pre 50s I think) Rolex.

In the mean time, let's see it anyone can tell me what this is....

Attached files

Comment

Welcome to the forum Blair. By the sounds of it we could easily be sharing a single malt together before too long. You willfit in here well I am sure.

Cheers
            Paul =/
            'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

welcome mate, any man who drinks Dalmore is fine by me :D i grew up in the shadow of the coopers :D

pics of the mentioned watches would be nice, especially the vintage iwc 8-)
              “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
              Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Blair.
                I've been into WoB a couple of times for small things, I was stoked when you let me come over to the bench and look while you worked on my watch. I'll look forward to reading about some of the work you do, no idea what your photo is of though mechanical and electrical?

Comment

It was probably a bit on the obscure side I admit..., coil from an Oysterquartz.

Comment

..., coil from an Oysterquartz.

i was just thinking that
                    “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                    Always aim to be that man.

Comment

..., coil from an Oysterquartz.

i was just thinking that
                      Me too what foxed me was the last half a dozen or so that I had ... were bright pink
                      I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to reading your posts. Next time I'm in Auckland I'll try and stop by too.
                        The Way of a Warrior is based on humanity, love, and sincerity; the heart of martial valor is true bravery, wisdom, love, and friendship. Emphasis on the physical aspects of warriorship is futile, for the power of the body is always limited - Osensei

Comment

Heay Blair,

Its just great to have someone like you as a contributor - I and many others genuinely appreciate the presence of, and the views and advice etc real pro's like you are able to offer - big thanks to you Blair and plus all the rest of you
                          Harlan
                          Timekeeper Watch Club
                          Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Morning all.
                            I've uploaded a blog about re-toothing a Rolex wheel. Details on the Rolex page.

Cheers,
                            Blair.

Comment

Morning Ladies & Gents...

Just thought I should introduce myself as well.

Looking forward to seeing what kinda watches you guys have out there. Long time Tag Heuer fan but starting to branch out to other kinda niche brands and looks now rather than focusing on one 'brand'.

Cheers

knarly33

Comment

Working...
                              X