Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - Yeahnah

Hi Folks

Long time occasional visitor - first time (caseback thread) poster. Auckland based - TM qldkiwi.

Had the pleasure of meeting/trading with some of the forum membership (Don, Harlan, Will /Oldtimer - who suggested I check out Timekeeper) and have enjoyed checking out what spins other's rotors from time to time as a result.

My modest wearing rotation has been formed by a combination of impulse, opportunity and design rather than a grand plan and shows more brand promiscuity than some . As testament to the notion that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, I am unfortunately growing ever more aware what the "next" (Always a next isn't there?) one will be.

I've also collected a few of my Seiko contemporaries from the 60s/70s that evoke early years nostalgia although they tend to get little wrist time, as my current tastes lean to more substantial pieces.

Cheers
    Wayne
    None of us are as smart as all of us.

Welcome Wayne
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Hi Wayne. Welcome to the forum.

Paul
      'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

Likewise Wayne welcome Please don't post on Waywof (What are you wearing on Friday ) before midday on the preceding Wednesday ,It is just getting silly :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
        I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Nice to meet you Wayne!

Look forward to see your watch collection on WAYWOF!

Comment

Welcome Wayne. This is the beginning of the end. A never ending mouse trap. Nice to have company! Like you I started off randomly buying what took my eye. Now I have refined my collection but still have 2 distinct categories: New divers and vintage Seikos. Please post some of your collection so we can get a hint of your style! Regards Richard.
            All the best Richie

Comment

Welcome to the forum ,
              Hope you enjoy your time here .
              Do you drink whisky
              Hope so , we got a Whisky corner here too :D
              If not have a great time anyway :D
              Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Kia ora and welcome to the forum. Great introduction. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your collection (at the very least the dial of that BR)

Cheers

Rye
                The Way of a Warrior is based on humanity, love, and sincerity; the heart of martial valor is true bravery, wisdom, love, and friendship. Emphasis on the physical aspects of warriorship is futile, for the power of the body is always limited - Osensei

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Comment

Hey Wayne,

Awesome to have you aboard mate, you'll find we're generally pretty laid back* so don't be afraid to pipe up ok.

Harlan

* pedro44 proving my point..

Attached files

Harlan
                    Timekeeper Watch Club
                    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

This ones for you Wayne. A shot of Merlins.....Not so good side

Attached files

Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Thanks Capt - photogenic dog you have there!

Yes - non head huskies spend a lot of time looking up old friends!

Comment

G'day Wayne.

Comment

Working...
                          X