Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Promaster Service Centre or other for a BN0000-04H Crystal swap

Morning gents!

Long story short, my favourite little diver (Citizen BN0000-04H) with mineral crystal has developed some scratches.

I’ve found a fellow in the US on WUS who had a limited run made of an exact spec Sapphire crystal replacement with clear AR coating that fits this model.

He’s going to ship same crystal with a set of OEM gaskets to me here.

I need recommendations on a watch maker who’s be willing to tackle my monobloc case to do and install and provide a pressure test afterwards. Any suggestions?

If I can find someone to pull it off, this watch will be perfect

Cheers,

Aidan

I would have thought any competent watchmaker with a press could do it, so I’d just head to your local and ask, not a hugely challenging task.

Comment

Yup, basic watch case dis-assembly + re-assembly 101

PS: Quite a few watchmakers here on the forum, trained and un-trained, all quite capable,

Originally posted by kiwi.bloke View Post
      I would have thought any competent watchmaker with a press could do it, so I’d just head to your local and ask, not a hugely challenging task.
      Harlan
      Timekeeper Watch Club
      New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Cheers for the replies lads.
        I’ve taken a few conventional Seiko’s and Vostok’s apart myself and have a crystal press so I understand the concept with a standard crystal/case/caseback setup.

This Citizen is a bit more challenging in that it doesn’t have a case back though. I know with my Certina (not that I’ve done it myself) the technique for crystal removal is to disengage the crown, insert an air filled syringe and pop it out from the inside.

I thought this might be the same. General advice I’ve found online is to choose carefully for this watch.

I’ll try my local first and see what they say.

Comment

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          PM WoB he might give you a tip, or 2

Stuff, that's right, that's the little 300m nugget diver eh, monocoque.... never pulled one of those apart myself, is that the only way to get the xtal out, air? Surely not... maybe take it to the gas station, make a squishy rubber adapter thing... if you can remove the bezel safely what exactly does it look like, it might be possible other ways, w/out air, I dunno.
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Spoke to the local Citizen dealership and they use local watchmaker, Gavin, from Forest Jewellers. Anyone heard of them and any verbal reviews?

Comment

Why not just use the local auction site, the 1 thing it's done that's any good for anyone in the last decade is to offer cheap efficient easy CourierPost shipping, will cost a peanut, to send the thing, to a pro, don't mess round.
            Harlan
            Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Originally posted by harlansmart View Post
              Why not just use the local auction site, the 1 thing it's done that's any good for anyone in the last decade is to offer cheap efficient easy CourierPost shipping, will cost a peanut, to send the thing, to a pro, don't mess round.
              Have had some progress since my last post. Main issue with accessing a pro was that I hadn’t heard anything back from WoB yet.

Nick from Pilbrows in Christchurch just returned my call. He was great to talk to, knew my model diver and chatted about the challenges with removing crystal/damaging gasket etc. Said often the gasket on these models gets deformed and they can be challenging to source.

Was pretty chuffed then to hear that the person who is sending me the sapphire crystal also supplied the OEM gaskets as well

Hopefully, parcel with parts should arrive next week or so and sounds like Nick will get it sorted.

Comment

Good choice.

Comment

Working...
                X