I need some support or advise || FiveFortyFive or Five45 or 5:45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some support or advise || FiveFortyFive or Five45 or 5:45

Hi All i recently bought 2 bell and ross , after my bell and ross turned up the gmt had been worn and damaged a scratch on the bezel and and a scratch on the back off the watch this watch had been advertised as new also the leather strap show signs off wear
    i wish to return the watch and ask for a refund, this has been declined and advised the watch can be returned so it can be fixed can anyone advise i have dealt with this company before and was lead to believe that the seiko i bought from them last year was automatic but then advised it was Quarts because i liked the watch
    i accepted this change, but now after dealing for second time i have been miss lead i need some advise also if need be the email can be uploaded.
    regards
    myonlyrolex
    Returns Policy

It’s simple. We don’t want you to have a watch that you don’t love. So, we will always give you three days to love or return your wristwatch, no questions asked. Naturally, all returned wristwatches must be in the same condition as initially shipped for returns must be paid for by the buyers and buyers assume all risk. Once received, 90% of the original purchase price will be immediately refunded. To initiate a return, simply email If you place a deposit on a watch, either on or off site, please note that deposits are non-refundable.
    WoW i received the watch one day after lock down
    Last edited by Admin; 02-06-20, 16:40.

Sorry to hear of the issue you're facing, and thanks for sharing it with us. You've provided a lot of information, but after a couple of rereads, I'm still a little unclear as to the circumstances. Would you be able to provide links to the items that you purchased? I'm also interested in seeing the sales listing for that Seiko you bought from the seller last year.

For me, I don't need to see the email correspondence between you and the seller--not important right now. However, a link to the item listed for sale, and if possible, photos of the actual watch you received, showing the blemishes that you referred to. That way, we could compare what was presented and the actual watch received, then advise you further. Also, how a resolution is reached can depend on what platform you and the seller transacted on, i.e. company website, eBay, TradeMe, etc.

Equally important is what method of payment was used, as some methods (credit card, PayPal) provide better protection than others.
    On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

+1 Don

myonlyrolex

Give us some more info... please.
      Harlan
      Timekeeper Watch Club
      New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Hi Don

not able to give link but have posted photos off minor scratches to watch ,after this i wont be dealing with them anymore i was unable to view the watch in person as they are in wellington and im in coromande so i assumed in good faith
        i was purchasing a brand new unused watch but this was not the case as it was used and no plastic stickers etc they are saying im not entitled to a refund and i need to send it back to get groomed i dont want it groomed i want my money back
        as they have sold me a second hand watch when its meant to be a new watch, i paid for it direct bank deposit.

Also the next worry is their statement all returned wristwatches must be in the same condition as initially shipped for returns must be paid for by the buyers and buyers assume all risk.

I bought the watch 1 day before lock down and received it the next day but did not look at it for a few days due to other commitments but was quite disappointed to find the watch not new and used they are also stating the watch is under 2 year warranty i dont care about the warranty they have deceived me buy selling me a used scratched

. Click image for larger version  Name:	bellross2.jpg Views:	30 Size:	146.2 KB ID:	58772 Click image for larger version  Name:	bellross1.jpg Views:	26 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	58773 ​​​​​

Comment

If it's who I think it is, (it's quite obvious as they stock a fair bit of Bell and Ross on their site), I've purchased from them once before and only ever had great service - although I haven't had to deal with a return. Will send you a DM.
          Last edited by retlaw4; 30-05-20, 17:47.

Comment

Consumer guarantees act?

Comment

+1 kiwi.bloke

Originally posted by kiwi.bloke View Post
              Consumer guarantees act?

- Please can you provide us the Original Sales Advert.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- AFAIK: CGA over-rides all pretty much, assuming the new item you purchased arrives in second hand condition

- AFAIK: CGA also should over-rides any 10% 're-stocking fee', assuming the new item you purchased arrives in second hand condition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This casebook could probably be brought back to new condition by a skilled worker.... or further damaged by someone w/lesser skills.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_6069.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.3 KB ID:	58878

This damage looks like it could be difficult to make look new again, being on the engraving complicates repair somewhat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_6095.jpg Views:	4 Size:	210.8 KB ID:	58872
              Harlan
              Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

PS:

It might help you, to get some help, if you post all the email communications clearly in this thread.

Probably inform the seller, whomever they are, what you are doing, keep everything plain & up front.

Pretty sure, a seller will want to look after you, and their reputation... reputation being pretty much everything.
                Harlan
                Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

PPS:

Did the same company who sold you this Bell&Ross GMT also sell you an Automatic watch, that when you received it, was in fact a Quartz watch ?
                  Harlan
                  Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

This is the one

https://fivefortyfive.nz/products/be...26d1f454&_ss=r

Click image for larger version  Name:	advertfar.png Views:	0 Size:	189.3 KB ID:	58941
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	advertclose.png Views:	0 Size:	488.2 KB ID:	58942

Last edited by Admin; 02-06-20, 16:41.

Comment

Originally posted by harlansmart View Post
                      PPS:

Did the same company who sold you this Bell&Ross GMT also sell you an Automatic watch, that when you received it, was in fact a Quartz watch ?
                      Yes but before they sent it ,admitted they had made a mistake and even though i would have liked an automatic i accepted the quarts instead, this was due to their advert stating it was automatic.

Comment

I think this is totally unacceptable! My watch buying of new watches doesn’t extend in any way to near your experience by the way, but I would not be happy nor accept a watch that was supposedly new to find scratches on it, it’s very black and white here, either a return and replace or remedial action and compensation for the inconvenience.

Comment

Again, I am sorry to hear of this, myonlyrolex. I asked you in my post above, despite already knowing who the dealer might be—I have been asked in private about this business before, a year ago. I wanted you to be the one to disclose, as this discussion could not proceed further without identifying the selling party. So, it is good that the seller is identified, and we can see the item listing.

I have written somewhere previously about the importance of assessing the seller, and I wish that we at Timekeeper had the chance to advise you before you bought from this business. Online buyers in general fear being scammed, i.e. making payment and never receiving the watch, which is clearly criminal with available legal recourse that can be taken. While this does happen, it is relatively rare, and what’s more common is misrepresentation and dishonest conducts that may still be legal, just unethical, lacking of moral. If the seller lacks integrity and lacks goodwill towards the buyer, then nothing that the seller claims or presents can be taken as credible.

Originally posted by myonlyrolex View Post
                          i was purchasing a brand new unused watch but this was not the case as it was used and no plastic stickers etc they are saying im not entitled to a refund and i need to send it back to get groomed i dont want it groomed i want my money back
                          as they have sold me a second hand watch when its meant to be a new watch, i paid for it direct bank deposit.

Also the next worry is their statement all returned wristwatches must be in the same condition as initially shipped for returns must be paid for by the buyers and buyers assume all risk...

It is probably a waste of time to try and interpret FiveFortyFive’s Return Policy. You would think that a business who portray themselves as some sort of watch boutique would care enough about their customers to put in some thought and effort into writing a Return Policy ( https://fivefortyfive.nz/pages/service-centre )

...instead of plagiarizing those of other businesses, copy&paste word for word, without giving credit to the sources…

You’d also think that a business like Five45, who states on their home page…

...and who advertise their watch valuation services on TradeMe

...would not sell watches on their website that are questionable, not fully authentic, or justs downright Franken-watches. But no, their listings often provide insufficient information and photos, even to novice enthusiasts, let alone seasoned collectors. We are suppose to believe that someone in their right mind would purchase this watch…

https://fivefortyfive.nz/collections...w-pilots-watch

...which claims to be an “Omega Fat Arrow Pilots Watch” (Ref. 2777 RAF “Fat Arrow 53”), despite the fact that the dial is incorrect and the listing devoid of any other images of the watch, at $4,900.

We are asked to believe that a business capable of issuing “watch valuation” is unaware that this watch currently being listed…

https://fivefortyfive.nz/collections...rated-bracelet

...is not a Longines Conquest as claimed, but a Longines Oposition. Or that this vintage Seiko Automatic Chronograph that they supposedly “love” is not a 6138-8020 Panda, but an -8030 eBay train wreck with missing chapter ring and incorrect hand set from other watches. Yet, proudly selling at $1,450.

https://fivefortyfive.nz/collections...-chronograph-1

We’re further asked to believe that a professional watch seller like FiveFortyFive, last year, sold a couple of Franken-Seiko 6138 “Bullhead” with repro parts, and this wrong case back from a 6138 Yachtman/UFO…

...and what kind of expert would list any Seiko for sale with obscured photo of the case back, like this...

https://fivefortyfive.nz/products/vi...utomatic-watch

Why would they intentionally obscure the case back? Does it have a mismatched case back on again? ...Too much leap of faith for me, I’m afraid.

In summary, being legitimate registered-business seller with a brick&mortar shopfront is not the same as being an honest transparent seller with integrity and goodwill towards the buyer. A responsible seller who believes in mutually-beneficial outcome never uses phrases like “All items purchased from Fivefortyfive Ltd are made pursuant to a shipping contract. This basically means that the risk of loss and title for such items passed to you upon our delivery to the carrier.“ ...Sellers who care about building relationships with buyers take the burden of responsibility for the watch until it reaches the buyer in a satisfactory manner.
                          Last edited by Don; 02-06-20, 17:47.
                          On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Further to what I posted this morning, I’m interested in knowing what the warranty card that came with the watch says. On FiveFortyFive’s home page, they state…

Only Authorized Dealers can stamp and date a warranty card, putting it into effect—anyone else who is not an AD doing so has no meaning, and the watch manufacturer will not honour the warranty. I checked on Bell&Ross website ( https://www.bellross.com/storelocator?group_store=3 ), and there are no authorized retailer in New Zealand. So, I wondering whether the warranty card is stamped with their store name?
                            Last edited by Don; 02-06-20, 16:57.

Comment

Im pleased to say the issue has been resolved many thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X