No announcement yet.

I need some support or advise || FiveFortyFive or Five45 or 5:45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair Go still operating? Sounds like a great piece of reporting for them. Build on the Rolex fiasco.

Comment

I visited their store a few weeks back. Found them to be a bit expensive. However, they had a good range. But after reading this post, I will stay clear.

Comment

Don, that write up is superb and contains a lot of info for novice and experienced buyers alike. Many thanks. I am very curious though as to what the 'resolved outcome' is given the interest generated. Cheers
        "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It can not be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell" - Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by protocolphil View Post
          Don, that write up is superb and contains a lot of info for novice and experienced buyers alike. Many thanks. I am very curious though as to what the 'resolved outcome' is given the interest generated. Cheers
          You're welcome ...It makes a good case study, because unfortunately, Five45 aren't the only used watch dealer to operate in such a manner. I have seem many like this online, both store sites and eBay, in countries like the USA or the UK, all locally-registered businesses, some having been in trade for decades. 15-20 years ago, it would have been okay to source used watches the way these businesses have, i.e. little specialized knowledge of the goods but a good nose for business.

However, today's vintage market is a whole new ball game, and I can confidently say that there are more inauthentic vintages in the market today than at any other time in recorded history. At no other time in the past have the West enjoyed such extended period of peace and prosperity, and there has never been more people into watches than there are now. In my view, these Five45-type businesses are good at gauging the wind change in fashion trend, but rarely keep up-to-date with the typhoon of evolving authenticity issues.

As for the resolved outcome, I'm in the same boat as you. Since my last Post#14, I have not received any direct contact from the OP, so can only hope all went well.
          On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

+1 Don,

Seems like a lot of advice was offered, possibly some of it was useful in getting a result... OP ?

Would be good if the OP issued a final statement detailing what else further went down & the final result as it stands now ?

As others have shown, if you want a straight up honest watch, choose very carefully, as always: caveat emptor.
            Harlan
            Timekeeper Watch Club
            New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Working...
            X