X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harlansmart
    replied
    Hmm,

So, a 'bit of fun' getting a tube from a (hopefully) reliable source, a new one, a tested one etc

Bought one, then the (RUSKIE) seller wrote saying, 'I've some customs issues' could we wait till January 2019

So we bought another... but he wrote a week later saying in again ultra scrappy Anglais, 'sorry this tube duddn't work'

So, we buy tube #3... and this 3rd seller (all from ePrey) just wrote to say he too has issues with customs & can't ship till next month

Thats only a few weeks away... so rather than do a 3rd refund in just about as many weeks we'll touch wood, and (e)prey a working perfect ИН-18 arrives next month

==================

PS: They are not so easy to get anymore... and yeah, dw you are right, NZD600 a set is about right, thats what they cost, if you can get them... these 3 tubes have all been ~NZD90-110 a pop...

Originally posted by deerworrier View Post
    and these guys in the UK sell the 18s individually, found them when I was looking at building a big bugger but I would be 600nz just for the tubes!

https://www.pvelectronics.co.uk/inde...products_id=21

Leave a comment:

• harlansmart
    replied
    The Mighty DW,

Cheers & yeah, ours NIXIE clock tubes spin every few minutes or so, looks choice... they do it as the date & so on flashes up... the tubes, although they're only rated for 200 days or so whatever etc by the Manufacturer sure but we've had ИН-18 tubes last for 10+ years before, it seems to be 'hit & miss' however as one set we bought '100% new/unused' failed in less than 5 minutes... one of them failed as I turned the clock ON, just watched it sort of crack, shimmer, pop, smoke, haze & zero out !

The motion sensor add-on is sweet, we should get one (if our board accepts the sensor, dunno) and like you know you can also have them turn off, for set periods... honestly though a tube on average has a fair life as we've experienced some last a decade continual usage.

Have often wondered about buying one of those 'TESTER-HEALER' units, dunno if they really work though.

Will chase up your suggestions, so far the best we can find is NZD130 Delivered for 2 tubes.

​​​​​​​Fully blown monster IN-18's are da bomb, nothing else compares, oh so sexy.

Leave a comment:

• deerworrier
    replied
    and these guys in the UK sell the 18s individually, found them when I was looking at building a big bugger but I would be 600nz just for the tubes!

https://www.pvelectronics.co.uk/inde...products_id=21

Leave a comment:

• deerworrier
    replied
    give Petro a shout mate, he uses in-14s as they are don't have the same stability issues.
    petro.vodopyan@gmail.com
    runs the nixie shop in the Ukraine, top bloke and pretty sure if he has any 18s or can source them he will ship them

there's a guy in Romania who does 18 clocks and has an interesting write up on them. the 18s are rated for 5000hrs life (only 200 days of continuous use!) but I did learn that if you have a roulette option in the settings then spinning the tubes to display the date every 5min or so or even a spin at every minute stops the "single" gas charge and slows the poisoning of the tubes. I also have mine set to dead hours for 9hrs a day and have a motion sensor attached so it only sparks up when im in the room.

the Romania boy below:

in-18-nixie-tubes-eng
    Last edited by deerworrier; 08-05-18, 21:47.

Leave a comment:

• WTB: NIXIE IN-18 aka the famous Made in USSR RUSSIAN ИН-18 Tube and or Tubes

As shown, this utterly beautiful ИН-18 driven NIXIE Cathode Ray Tube Clock is down a tube... we'd like to buy a replacement at least if not a replacement and some spares.

Please, if you have any, or if you have a contact via which some of these beautiful and massive RUSSIAN IN-18 tubes could be purchased please do PM us

Click image for larger version

Name:	NIXIE.IN18.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	41654
    Via NOKIA 3210 + Tapatalk Premium
Working...
X