Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: Vintage SEIKO STAINLESS STEEL Bracelet 19mm – STRAIGHT + CURVED End Links [SOLD]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Vintage SEIKO STAINLESS STEEL Bracelet 19mm – STRAIGHT + CURVED End Links [SOLD]

Finding a suitable vintage SEIKO bracelet for that newly acquired (or soon to depart the box) older SEIKO can be difficult. This is especially true for uncommon lug-width of 19 mm, often encountered on sports watches and chronographs, in particular when the the head calls for straight end links. You might want something period correct, i.e. traditional folded-steel links like those on many 1970s and 80s SEIKO. The bracelet on offer today may just fit the bill.

This old stock SEIKO 19mm stainless steel bracelet was fitted to a vintage Chronograph 6139, worn once while waiting for its intended leather straps, then removed and stored away. The clasp is signed "SEIKO", and the end links are of the straight variant. The condition overall rates TKNZ “MINT” (97%) complete with original factory finish, never polished nor groomed, and with no discernible stretch. The full lengths, adjusting only at the clasp, are as follows:

Maximum: 16.5 cm
    Minimum: 15.0 cm

Additional links can be removed to shorten it further, using the conventional method for folded-steel links. The accompanying photos form a part of my description.

This sale includes another pair of 19mm CURVED End Links from a generic bracelet, but fits perfectly to this SEIKO. They are in as new condition.

If you are unsure whether the bracelet will fit your intended watch, please don't hesitate to contact me and ask. The asking price includes nationwide delivery by ParcelPost Tracked. Payment is by bank transfer. Further inquiries, please use the forum’s Private Messaging facility.

$26 [SOLD]

Thank you for looking.
    Last edited by Don; 22-06-18, 19:10.
    A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Don,

If no one has bought this by next week, send me a message as I'll definitely take it.

Thanking you.
    Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

• Don
      Don commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Harlan. Shall do

Don, I will take that if still available. Pete. Thinking my Panda? not sure curved ends will be right,what do you think Don? Pete. Will take anyhow
    Last edited by cyma; 22-06-18, 09:52.
    'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Originally posted by cyma View Post
      Don, I will take that if still available. Pete. Thinking my Panda? not sure curved ends will be right,what do you think Don? Pete. Will take anyhow

Thank you for the interest, Pete. It is still available at this point, but unfortunately your Panda (6138-8020) has a rather unique lug shape--the curve is very slight and almost straight. The straight end would not work for it either, as they will leave some gaps.

The curve end links that I'm including have a more common standard curvature. The curvature would likely fit vintage Seiko models such as the Bell-Matic 27j 4006-7012...

It could possibly also fit an Automatic Chronograph 6139-6012 curve lugs...

As you know, all curve end links require a little adjustment for best fit, though not too difficult to do... I will send a PM to you shortly to see whether the bracelet would suit other watches you have. Thanks again.

Comment

Will PM you Don.
        'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

That 6139 looks good.

Comment

• Don
            Don commented
            Editing a comment
            ...and familiar

SOLD! ...Thank you, TKNZ and Buyer

Comment

Working...
          X