GENUINE “SEIKO -B20” 20mm Leather Straps [SOLD]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GENUINE “SEIKO -B20” 20mm Leather Straps [SOLD]

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	2 Size:	195.5 KB ID:	39079

These 20 mm authentic SEIKO “-B 20” genuine leather straps came factory-fitted to a Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) SEIKO 6R15 Alpinist (SARB017), purchased brand new from Japan. They were carefully removed as soon as the watch arrived to me, never worn, never on a wrist, and in perfectly new, unused condition. Made in Japan, these padded -B20 are intended for dressy sports watches, and were obviously designed for durability and longevity. The original stainless steel buckle with brushed finish is unsigned, so these straps make great replacement on many watches with 20mm lug-width, not just SEIKO.

This type of -B20 from the Alpinist is hard to come by new, and currently on eBay globally, there is only one listing (
    tinyurl.com/yax2ybt2 ) with an approximate asking price of NZ$96 shipped. ebay “Sold” listings include these two in the UK ( tinyurl.com/yaemfn3w ...and... tinyurl.com/y6vdn6kk ), both ending at around NZ$52 shipped.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	248.4 KB ID:	39076

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	2 Size:	206.5 KB ID:	39078

The dimensions are as follows:

Tail side: 120 mm

Buckle side: 75 mm

Width at lug-end: 20 mm

Width at buckle: 18 mm

The accompanying photos for a part of my description. If you are unsure whether these would fit your intended watch, please ask, and I will be more than happy to help. The price includes delivery by NZ Post Parcelpost, and payment is by bank deposit. For all inquiries, please use the forum’s Private Message facility.

$39

Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Don; 16-02-18, 16:03.
    A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

PM Sent.
    Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Hi Don , may I ask what did you replace this with. I want to replace this on my SARB and not reaching any decision. If possible can you please share the photo. Much appreciate and best regards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

SOLD! Thank you, TKNZ and Buyer

Comment

Originally posted by ibrar View Post
          Hi Don , may I ask what did you replace this with. I want to replace this on my SARB and not reaching any decision. If possible can you please share the photo. Much appreciate and best regards....

Hi ibrar,

This is the second Alpinist SARB017 that I've owned in the last few years. Being more a bracelet person, I initially looked into replacing them with the bracelet that Seiko sells for the 6R15 Alpinist--Part# M0TZ111J0. I also own a Black Sumo (SBDC031), and have no intention for the SARB017 to end up costing more than the Sumo! ...so eventually gave up on that idea. With the first green Alpinist, I merely wanted to save the original croc straps and replaced it with a similar looking set with deployant, so probably won't show you photos of that, as they look the same as the stock -B20.

That first one was later sold with both sets of straps. With this second one, with whom the -B20 above came fitted to, I decided that I like the contrast of the head makes with a dark-coloured thicker straps. I also thought that if there were to be stitching visible on the straps, they should be darker than the leather... Somes & Orient Star style. Just so happen I had these in my box...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	39119

These are the same model of Spanish-made Diloy straps as I sold here: https://www.timekeeper.co.nz/forum/m...whide-in-brown ...just a darker shade and smaller size. I purchased them around the same time, early last year. Unfortunately, the vendor I got them from no longer stock these, but am sure you could find something of a similar style or look.

Comment

Thank you very much Don, for your reply . I too like bracelet, having seen few photos on line could not make up my mind. Will try some thing similar. Regards Ibrar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X