No announcement yet.

WTB: NIXIE IN-18 aka the famous Made in USSR RUSSIAN ИН-18 Tube and or Tubes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: NIXIE IN-18 aka the famous Made in USSR RUSSIAN ИН-18 Tube and or Tubes

As shown, this utterly beautiful ИН-18 driven NIXIE Cathode Ray Tube Clock is down a tube... we'd like to buy a replacement at least if not a replacement and some spares.

Please, if you have any, or if you have a contact via which some of these beautiful and massive RUSSIAN IN-18 tubes could be purchased please do PM us

Click image for larger version

Name:	NIXIE.IN18.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	41654
    Via NOKIA 3210 + Tapatalk Premium
    Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

give Petro a shout mate, he uses in-14s as they are don't have the same stability issues.
    petro.vodopyan@gmail.com
    runs the nixie shop in the Ukraine, top bloke and pretty sure if he has any 18s or can source them he will ship them

there's a guy in Romania who does 18 clocks and has an interesting write up on them. the 18s are rated for 5000hrs life (only 200 days of continuous use!) but I did learn that if you have a roulette option in the settings then spinning the tubes to display the date every 5min or so or even a spin at every minute stops the "single" gas charge and slows the poisoning of the tubes. I also have mine set to dead hours for 9hrs a day and have a motion sensor attached so it only sparks up when im in the room.

the Romania boy below:

in-18-nixie-tubes-eng
    Last edited by deerworrier; 08-05-18, 21:47.
    “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

Comment

and these guys in the UK sell the 18s individually, found them when I was looking at building a big bugger but I would be 600nz just for the tubes!

https://www.pvelectronics.co.uk/inde...products_id=21
      “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
      Always aim to be that man.

Comment

The Mighty DW,

Cheers & yeah, ours NIXIE clock tubes spin every few minutes or so, looks choice... they do it as the date & so on flashes up... the tubes, although they're only rated for 200 days or so whatever etc by the Manufacturer sure but we've had ИН-18 tubes last for 10+ years before, it seems to be 'hit & miss' however as one set we bought '100% new/unused' failed in less than 5 minutes... one of them failed as I turned the clock ON, just watched it sort of crack, shimmer, pop, smoke, haze & zero out !

The motion sensor add-on is sweet, we should get one (if our board accepts the sensor, dunno) and like you know you can also have them turn off, for set periods... honestly though a tube on average has a fair life as we've experienced some last a decade continual usage.

Have often wondered about buying one of those 'TESTER-HEALER' units, dunno if they really work though.

Will chase up your suggestions, so far the best we can find is NZD130 Delivered for 2 tubes.

​​​​​​​Fully blown monster IN-18's are da bomb, nothing else compares, oh so sexy.

Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Hmm,

So, a 'bit of fun' getting a tube from a (hopefully) reliable source, a new one, a tested one etc

Bought one, then the (RUSKIE) seller wrote saying, 'I've some customs issues' could we wait till January 2019

So we bought another... but he wrote a week later saying in again ultra scrappy Anglais, 'sorry this tube duddn't work'

So, we buy tube #3... and this 3rd seller (all from ePrey) just wrote to say he too has issues with customs & can't ship till next month

Thats only a few weeks away... so rather than do a 3rd refund in just about as many weeks we'll touch wood, and (e)prey a working perfect ИН-18 arrives next month

==================

PS: They are not so easy to get anymore... and yeah, dw you are right, NZD600 a set is about right, thats what they cost, if you can get them... these 3 tubes have all been ~NZD90-110 a pop...

Originally posted by deerworrier View Post
          and these guys in the UK sell the 18s individually, found them when I was looking at building a big bugger but I would be 600nz just for the tubes!

https://www.pvelectronics.co.uk/inde...products_id=21
          Harlan
          Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Working...
          X