Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: The best ever Seiko dive strap (FV22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: The best ever Seiko dive strap (FV22)

I pulled my SKX out of the box this morning and this happened-

Click image for larger version

Name:	E67E7754-AE08-4DB7-B17B-F94D96D82B9C.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	69442
    This is me when it happened-

Name:	EEEE8DAC-DA2E-4D4B-B7F6-A08E1E0F90C3.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	69441

Its been my favourite Seiko strap by far and to be fair it’s had a LOT of use. It was on my Pulsar Solar for a few years and was worn to work almost daily over that time when I was still on shift.
    I believe they’re hard to come by for some reason so this might be the proverbial needle in a haystack search, but if anyone has a genuine Seiko FV22 in good condition I’d be very interested in purchasing it. Price by negotiation.

Hate saying this, but (yep) they're hard to come by now buddy... know your pain... I've, exactly, none.

PS: least she happened at home, you still have the lovely SKX

PPS: Dontia likely knows why they became hens teeth

PPPS: Remember the bamboo block !

Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

You could try looking for a seiko flat vent DAL1BP ,
      There are a few around but shipping a killer

Sent from my SM-A505GN using Tapatalk

Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

• LeroyC
        LeroyC commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I looked at that option a few years ago. I hear they’re not quite the same, but could still be worth a try. Thanks mate.

I'll check but I think not!
      'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

It's flippin' amazing just how nearly impossible it is to get a FV Z20/22 nowadays... even the CV isn't so readily available.
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

Is this a flat vent z22? Or does it need to have holes in the short side

Name:	2FAB6FB6-E731-4F09-B85B-C37270F22A66.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	69541

Comment

Nope, those vents are curved, see these ones, vents are flat, the same straps just that the top one has the old style slim buckle thats all... FZ Z's both:

Name:	Seiko Z22 Flat Vent.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	69546

Click image for larger version  Name:	Seiko Flat Vent Z22.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.0 KB ID:	69544
            Harlan
            Timekeeper Watch Club

Comment

• retlaw4
              retlaw4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh of course! Now I know what I’m looking at. Cheers H

Yes, what Harlan said. Technically they’re a Z2x model strap, but commonly referred to as CV and FV to differentiate between the vent shapes. From memory the CV ones have CV printed on them somewhere (strap or tag) but the FV ones are just Z2x.

Comment

Do these deteroriate through storage? I seem to recall having a couple flat and curved at some stage and they would be downstairs in my back room.

Also did the same variety come in 20mm version?

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi.bloke View Post
                Do these deteroriate through storage? I seem to recall having a couple flat and curved at some stage and they would be downstairs in my back room.

Also did the same variety come in 20mm version?
                Yes both styles of Z straps come in 20 and 22mm. They will deteriorate in storage depending on the conditions. If the storage area is dry, relatively cool and not exposed to frequent or large temperature changes then the deterioration should be minimal. If you find something I’d definitely be interested.

Comment

good old uncle seiko is your friend...

for some reason it won't go to the page but its under standard rubber straps.
                  “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                  Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post

Yes both styles of Z straps come in 20 and 22mm. They will deteriorate in storage depending on the conditions. If the storage area is dry, relatively cool and not exposed to frequent or large temperature changes then the deterioration should be minimal. If you find something I’d definitely be interested.
                    I believe I have 3 x flat 20mm Seiko straps. Would be old stock from the late 90s I’d say.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi.bloke View Post
                      I believe I have 3 x flat 20mm Seiko straps. Would be old stock from the late 90s I’d say.
                      I’m picturing KB opening some box retrieved from the back of his cupboard and it goes a bit like the scene from Pulp Fiction when Jules opens the brief case.

if you are happy to sell one good sir I will take one and will be in touch via PM shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post

I’m picturing KB opening some box retrieved from the back of his cupboard and it goes a bit like the scene from Pulp Fiction when Jules opens the brief case.

if you are happy to sell one good sir I will take one and will be in touch via PM shortly.
                        No that was the time I got back home from a handful of years working in the middle east and had 3 banana boxes full of parcels that I had sent home to open. Most were Watches. Fun times. Only lost one in the mail - an old Seiko 5 Perpetual Calendar watch. Still pisses me off to this day - I think I have the NOS crystal for it somewhere still to remind me! Ping me a PM, I have a couple spare.

Comment

Hey Leroy,

I’ve got a z22 flat vent that came off an SKX if you want it, it’s not new but has had very little wear.

Also you can’t go past the Uncle Seiko versions

Comment

Working...
                          X