Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOR SALE: Seiko 7005-7030 Automatic (November 1970)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOR SALE: Seiko 7005-7030 Automatic (November 1970)

This is a Seiko 7005-7030 manufactured in November 1970. Powered by the 7005A automatic movement running at 21,600bph it is a nice example of Seiko’s mechanical watchmaking of the time. The previous owner had this cleaned and lubricated at some point in 2019. It has a mid-size case that is going to look good and fit just about any wrist size, specs and features are listed below after the pictures:

** watch will ship on the black NATO strap pictured in the first 3 images **

1974 catalogue entry for this reference:

WatchCheck screenshot after running in for a few days:

TKNZ GRADING: Very Good 83-86% all original, evidence of careful but regular wear, needs no service except possible regulation – no major dings or scratches.
    CASE: all stainless steel
    CASE SIZE: 38mm
    LUG-TO-LUG: 42mm
    LUG WIDTH: 18mm
    CRYSTAL: Hardlex, almost spotless on this example
    MOVEMENT: 7005A, 17 jewel bi-directional automatic with quickset date, no hacking or hand-winding

Cosmetic issues: light patina on dial between 12 and 2, crown is slightly crooked but this does not affect functionality.

Having acquired some other pieces from Seiko’s vintage offerings this lovely 7005 hasn’t been getting much wrist time at all, and I’m hoping that another Timekeeper member might enjoy it as much as I did. It is keeping good time after running in for a few days as I had not worn it for a month or so, please see the timing app screenshot.

These specific references of the 7005-7030 are regularly listed for upwards of $300 in good condition on eBay, I think this is due to their rather classic case shape and dial layout that lend themselves to modern wear. If it is to stay within Timekeeper membership, I am more than happy to let it go for less than that. I will ship for free via a tracked post bag, if you’d prefer a signature-required courier please add $5 for postage.

Will leave it up here for a week or so before it’s off to TM, if you have any questions or are interested please PM me.

$185

PM sent
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

Ohpf

Comment

Sold - thanks to TKNZ for the space.

Comment

Working...
        X