Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLD]: Vintage SEIKO AUTOMATIC “150m Diver” 7002-7000 (1992)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLD]: Vintage SEIKO AUTOMATIC “150m Diver” 7002-7000 (1992)

Very little introduction is needed for this SEIKO 150m Diver, being the 5th Generation of the legendary lineage and the first diver to be produced by Daini Seikosha division. Taking over from Suwa Seikosha’s Cal 6309 Diver, the Cal 7002 Diver replaced and inherited the later 6309-729x’s slim-case and rectangular indices. The 7002’s styling legacy lives on in the current SKX007/173, which retains the classic theme. On offer today is the First Generation Cal 7002 150m Diver, reference 7002-7000, first introduced in 1988.

The movement is the SEIKO Automatic Cal 7002, designed to optimise functional stability through rational re-arrangement and reduction of the number of parts needed. This 3rd generation 7000 series workhorse is renowned for its robustness and ease of maintenance. Because of their ability to stand up to abuse, these divers were usually purchased to be used, and used hard, and most on the market are sadly just that—abused and neglected. It is therefore very rare to find all-original specimen, with no after-market reproduction parts, such as this specimen from 1992.

SPECIFICATIONS

MOVEMENT: SEIKO Automatic Cal 7002, 17 Jewels, 21’600 A/h, QuickSet Date, Power reserve of 43 hours.
    CASE: Stainless steel (diameter: 41 mm w/o crown, lug-to-lug: 45 mm, thickness: 13 mm, lug-width: 22 mm), bi-directional rotating elapse-time bezel (ORIGINAL), screw case back, screw-down crown.
    DIAL: Black with luminous indices and hands (ALL ORIGINAL)
    CRYSTAL: Hardlex, flat profile (ORIGINAL)
    WATER RESISTANCE: 150 m (PRESSURE TESTED)
    STRAPS: OriginalSEIKO Z22 Flat-Vent rubber, AND “Tropic” style silicone straps, stainless steel buckle (brand new, never worn)
    MANUFACTURED: July 1992

All original, right down to the included model-correct SEIKO Z22 straps, this 26-years-old vintage was purchased from its previous owner in Japan earlier this year. Overall, its condition rates TKNZ “EXCELLENT” (87%), with the case retaining all its original lines and finish—never machine polished. The bezel turns firmly, though without clicks—the click ball and spring were removed at some stage, and can be installed back in at the next servicing. The original Hardlex glass is in excellent with only minute blemishes, as can be expected.

While this model is often criticized for its poor lume, the hands and bezel pip have fared quite well for the quarter of a century that it has seen, and still glows in dark. As the original straps should really be kept for originality, I have fitted the SEIKO with new, unworn soft silicone straps, vintage “Tropic” style—similar to those mounted on the 62MAS of the mid-1960s. Service history is unknown, but the Cal 7002 is running strong, accurate to within 14 sec/day with at least 38 hours of power reserve on full-wind. A week ago, my watchmaker here in Auckland, has replaced the case gasket and seal, as well as conducted a pressure-test, to which the watch passed without issues.

The accompanying photos, taken just a few days ago, form a part of my description—please study them well. This 7002 and I are located in Auckland, and plenty of references are available both here and on TradeMe (dontia). My asking price includes nationwide delivery by CourierPost Signature-Required. Payment by bank deposit. To inquire, please use the forum’s Personal Message facility only. Thank you for looking.

Asking only... $SOLD
    Last edited by Don; 30-07-18, 10:53.
    A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

SOLD! Thank you TKNZ and Buyer
    A watch journey that also serves the betterment of others is one worth taking.

Comment

Working...
    X