Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[WITHDRAWN]: SEIKO “PROSPEX” Automatic Diver SRP637 (Baby Tuna) - BNIB from SEIKO AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [WITHDRAWN]: SEIKO “PROSPEX” Automatic Diver SRP637 (Baby Tuna) - BNIB from SEIKO AD

SEIKO has long held a reputation for engineering mechanical watches and movements that are simple, yet robust and functional. No SEIKO showcase this ability better than their Automatic Diver’s 200m, powered by simple and reliable automatic movements that perform well, yet are affordable and low-maintenance. Styled in the tradition of SEIKO's shrouded diver, the “Tuna”, but executed with a dash of 21st Century flair, the SEIKO PROSPEX 4R36 Automatic Diver’s 200m “Baby Tuna” was no doubt also inspired by the design elements of the highly acclaimed and suitably nicknamed Cal 7S26 SKX779 “Black Monster” (2000-2013). Throughout the Monster’s 13 years of production, the diver has earned a reputation for value, as well as its ability to withstand abuse—a feature much desired in tool watch like this.

Along the way, Monsters have become a modern SEIKO icon. In line with this tradition, the PROSPEX 4R36 Automatic Diver Baby Tuna’s design and construction were created for maximum performance and reliability. The Monster-style bezel turns smoothly, and the lume is as you'd expect from a SEIKO. The protective shroud is made of stainless steel, the same as on the Marine Master Quartz Professional Diver’s 300m “Tuna”.

Over the past decade, I have personally owned a number of SEIKO Monster models and variants—multiple SKX779 (Generation I), an SRP307 (Generation II “Fang”), an SRP234 Limited Edition with rubber shroud, and a couple of this exact model SRP637 Baby Tuna. Of all, the Baby Tuna is my absolute favourite, and if you love the original Black Monster Gen I but would like something more substantial, then the SRP637 has all that you crave for in the BM, just loads more of it. A Gen I Black Monster on steroid would not be an inaccurate descriptor for this tool watch, so if you have ever been a Monster fan, the ‘637 would soon become your favourite too.

In the 2000, the first SEIKO Monster made many dive watch and tool watch enthusiast stop looking at other dive/tool watch for a long time. Nearly two decades later, the Baby Tuna will do the same to you.

SPECIFICATIONS

MOVEMENT: SEIKO Automatic Cal 4R36, 24 Jewels, 21’600 A/hr, Auxiliary hand-winding, Hacking, 41 hours power reserve
    CASE: Stainless-steel (diameter: 47 mm excl. crown, lug-to-lug: 50 mm, thickness: 14 mm, lug-width: 22 mm), Unidirectional elapse time bezel with 120 graduation, Stainless steel protective shroud, Screw-in case back, Screw-down crown
    CRYSTAL: Hardlex
    DIAL: Black with LumiBrite indices and hands
    BRACELET: Stainless steel, Security clasp lock, with diver’s extension
    WATER RESISTANCE: 200m, ISO-compliant

This SEIKO Prospex SRP637 was purchased brand new just 3 weeks ago, in mid-November, through a SEIKO Authorized Dealer in Bangkok, Thailand. The unit was intended for my own use—I have owned two prior and love it—but other priorities have arisen, and I have decided to pass on the incredibly good deal to others to enjoy first. Especially as only a few weeks of the 1-Year International Warranty has elapsed. Since bought, I have only inspected that all functions perform as they should, and the Prospex is Brand New In Box (BNIB) with AD full box set and warranty, AD-stamped and dated 15/11/19.

All plastic protective stickers and model-specific hang tag are intact, while the bracelet is untouched and never been resized. It is exactly as you would receive had you walked into a SEIKO AD yourself. This specimen is a recent production batch, carrying the DoM of May 2019—SEIKO AD in Thailand get these watches faster than anywhere else in the world. Please see the accompanying photos, taken just a few days ago, for the full picture—100% perfect, no blemish nor marks of any kind.

Among current Prospex divers, this variant of the Baby Tuna, all stainless steel with bracelet, is in constant demand worldwide, and often goes out of stock. You will, of course, want to research the price before committing, and for your convenience, the lowest prices on eBay currently are the two listings below. Noting the currency, they convert to
    NZ$677 (now sold out...12/12/19)

and NZ$681 respectively, with import tax very likely added on top of these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SEIKO-P...53.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEIKO-PROSP...53.m1438.l2649

Looking locally on TradeMe does not get any better, with the only one currently offered by Singapore-based sky_watch at $929 shipped. Their own website offers a better deal, but still converts to NZ$695, again adding import duty.

I am, of course, not asking anywhere near those figures for this AD-purchased Baby Tuna. The watch and I are located in the Bangkok, Thailand, and plenty of references can be found on Timekeeper, and on TM (https://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Fe...2636310&type=s). The asking price is in NZD, and includes international shipping to New Zealand by Registered Airmail, with Track&Trace. The transit time is approximately 10 business days.

Payment is through my New Zealand bank account. I can also accept credit card payment through PayPal, regardless of whether you have a PayPal account, and I will absorb the fees. Should you have any questions or worries, please don't hesitate to ask. For all inquiries, please use TKNZ’s Personal Message (PM) facility.

Thank you for looking.

WITHDRAWN.-
    Last edited by Don; 19-12-19, 15:02.
    On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	18b.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	55156
    Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    Auckland, New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

PRICE REDUCTION to make it easier for you to own this Baby. Please note that I will only reduce the asking price this once only--am already out of pocket here--before moving this on elsewhere, so do consider. This is the sort of Seiko diver that you can wear and enjoy for a year+, and with a bit of proper care, can still put it on TradeMe for more than what you paid. Absolutely no-brainer

[WITHDRAWN].- shipped to your door.

UPDATE 12/12/19... Within the last 48 hours, the first of the two eBay listings referenced above is completely sold out, and one more unit of the second has sold.

Last edited by Don; 19-12-19, 15:02.
      On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Still available, thanks.

Comment

• Don
          Don commented
          Editing a comment
          WITHDRAWN... Thank you, TKNZ. This Seiko has been sold overseas, outside the forum.
          Last edited by Don; 19-12-19, 15:16.
      Working...
      X