Show us your clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your clocks

It’s sort of off topic, but if it wasn’t for clocks and our incessant need to measure time we wouldn’t have arrived at the wrist watch... that’s the theory anyway!

My wife actually found this at an op shop and brought it home and Rex who some of you know brought it back to life.

I love clocks, I once was given a beautiful Smith Bakelite clock and when I left the homeland I never saw it again, I am pretty sure I will get another one some day.

But back to this one... it’s an early twentieth century Art Deco mantle clock. The case and movement were in good condition with a little dust marking in the clock glass.

Personal I love the ticking sound of a clock and for many years I was quite happy to have an alarm clock near the bed that ticked away at night... probably all day too... Then i got married and it wasn’t just the alarm clock that had to go!

Sadly this beautiful clock with an absolutely gorgeous chime on the quarter hour has to sit silent and unmoving.

Kienzle, residing in Hamburg, have been around since 1822, and have produced clocks and time pieces for nearly two centuries. During the war they made 8 day chronographs for Messerschmitts and Heinkels, in the sixties they they made clocks for Rolls Royce and Bentley and they went on to make the first solar watch amongst other notable innovations.

Anyway, let’s see those clocks out there

Russians.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7FEEE200-F610-420D-A1C8-91F505EFC117.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	51744

Comment

Seiko World Time, audio. Almost vintage I think

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_4018.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	51797
      'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - but lets face it some people have better eyesight than others!

Comment

I do like that clock H!

Comment

Working...
        X