Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiots of the world unite....Training stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KB or Bags are a good break from the olympic bar.
    typical warm up for me is the good old feet to face approach.

i do 30sec of each below with very short/lazy skips to get the HR up a little and put some warmth in the muscles.

ankle rotations 30secs each way on each foot.
    calf raises/stretches on step or mat (just a few inch, no stress) 2 or 3 times per leg.
    30sec of knee rotations and swings, basically lift leg to 90deg, rotate from knee both directions then a side to side swing and front to back.
    a wee skip, 100 jumps, single or double as i can be arsed.
    hamstring easy lean over feel it stretch and hold for 30, repeat until happy
    quad pull, hold heel to bum, push quad forward until i feel it.
    a wee skip.
    hip swings, hand on wall swing leg forward and back feeling for tension 20times each side roughly.
    hip rotations, lazy circles as needed
    wrist rotations - elbow rotations - into shoulder swings both ways and seperate then together.
    neck rotations and side/front stretch
    a wee skip 200 jumps or so

walk around for 2min and get into it. first set is always very light. i have a 12kg bell and a 12kg bag that is pretty much resistance free, just enough to get the heart rate up and sone warmth into the muscles. so for the above routine i would do a short set of 20reps of each with the 12 to let me ease in.

i have loads of KB - bag - boxing and body weight routines if you want a few to start. really enjoying a few 30min boxing routines a week too.
    “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Originally posted by deerworrier View Post
      KB or Bags are a good break from the olympic bar.
      typical warm up for me is the good old feet to face approach.

i do 30sec of each below with very short/lazy skips to get the HR up a little and put some warmth in the muscles.

ankle rotations 30secs each way on each foot.
      calf raises/stretches on step or mat (just a few inch, no stress) 2 or 3 times per leg.
      30sec of knee rotations and swings, basically lift leg to 90deg, rotate from knee both directions then a side to side swing and front to back.
      a wee skip, 100 jumps, single or double as i can be arsed.
      hamstring easy lean over feel it stretch and hold for 30, repeat until happy
      quad pull, hold heel to bum, push quad forward until i feel it.
      a wee skip.
      hip swings, hand on wall swing leg forward and back feeling for tension 20times each side roughly.
      hip rotations, lazy circles as needed
      wrist rotations - elbow rotations - into shoulder swings both ways and seperate then together.
      neck rotations and side/front stretch
      a wee skip 200 jumps or so

walk around for 2min and get into it. first set is always very light. i have a 12kg bell and a 12kg bag that is pretty much resistance free, just enough to get the heart rate up and sone warmth into the muscles. so for the above routine i would do a short set of 20reps of each with the 12 to let me ease in.

i have loads of KB - bag - boxing and body weight routines if you want a few to start. really enjoying a few 30min boxing routines a week too.
      Cheers, dropped the ball on the boxing, used to do it twice a week but that was a fair while ago

Comment

i believe the term is Fatista
        bit of a change to the usual walks of an evening.
        should be fun...

Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_123.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	153.3 KB ID:	52920

still have the Avanti but it will be more of a trail/road bike, the fatty is just for fun and pie burning.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_121.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	46.1 KB ID:	52921
        Last edited by deerworrier; 27-09-19, 22:42.

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!

Comment

• harlansmart
          harlansmart commented
          Editing a comment
          We've seen these up on the beaches a bit lately... I think they hit the sand using massive tail winds to blast from the Manukau Harbour opening at Whatipu ----> Piha etc...

great fun and bloody hard work-out if you push it. top gear, good rpm and im just getting 24-26kph! but when you hit a slope up it just dies. great for learning how to select gears properly.
        did 45min with beastie at Mangamahoe this morning (i was rooted after 40min squat session an hour earlier) big lump to steer around but just rolls over anything in its path.

AND.... 9days into getting back in shape after the last 18months of sh1t and 128.4kg down to 120.7kg back at 100kg in no time

Comment

Working...
        X