motorbiking, motorbiking.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorbiking, motorbiking.....

i am becoming aware of others on here who prop up the ACC system so thought a wee thread would be fun.

i sold my wee MT03 2weeks ago and am now on the big thumper for the foreseeable.

heading out to Whanga today for a video run, have the GoPro and zoom h2n set up at last after way too much dicking about!

and im on the youtubes now, so the whole world can see just how crap i am

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMq...7PlvTXz3DGJ6jg

Attached files

“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

It was a gorgeous weekend for it, I have another 4 weeks before I can shed the leg brace then I will drag mine out and go for a blat... clear the cobwebs!

The go pro looks really good, I was thinking about getting one that works on car or bike. Did you get it locally?

Comment

locally! no, no, no...Amazon US and youshop mate 60% of NZ cost and 5days delivery.
      was lovely on sunday, rode pretty hard on the way out and hustling 265kg of thumper is a lot harder than the wee 03 so trip back was leezzurlee to say the least
      the back is truely scrubbed in and i know my limit of lean before pegs scrap so it was a good day.
      if i ever figure out the software to buy for editing i will have some proper vids up but there is just so much choice!!

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!

Comment

That thing looks a huge brute to lug around. Reminds me a bit of an old Honda VF1000 I had years ago. Massive, torquey, heavy thing that liked straight lines and high speeds. Once did London to Middlesbrough in an Hour and forty five minutes on it I think it had a 17" front wheel which made you feel you were going to drop it during low speed cornering until you got used to it. Traded that for a Fireblade...Best bike I ever had
        Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

it is a monster but surprisingly agile in the corners. what it doesnt like is quick changes from left to right, it becomes.....grumpy! im actually on the hunt for a fireblade as my hoon machine, was going to go for a 600 but thought why use any sense now, im way too far down the rabbit hole? london to the brough in under 2hrs for those who dont know thats 250miles

Comment

Goodness me, I remember riding a CBR600F2 when it first came out!

London to the brough too, brings back memories... I was dumb enough at one stage to do London to Doncaster on my NSR125 just to get a weekend with my girlfriend at the time who was living up there... my fingers were that numb and legs that stiff I couldn't get the house keys out of my jeans pocket! That was the last time I did an after work trip up the motorway in winter on a bike!

After that I used leave London at 5:00am in my Capri and hit Glasgow at 10:30am that became the once a month run for a weekend at Henry Afrika's and the Tunnel! Then it became the Sierra and like you John found myself at the bottom of the rabbit hole on a ZZR1100

Comment

london to the brough in under 2hrs for those who dont know thats 250miles

That was with 3 fuel stops and three rushed ciggies as well. :thumbup:
              Here's a pic of the offending article. (The only one I have) My eldest son is 30 now

You talking about winter riding Brucy brought back a few memories. I rode from Middlesbrough to Northallerton and back every day for 5 years on my old work bike (Kawasaki Z650) Snow, ice fog, you name it This guy used to go in the opposite direction to me on the A19 and we always waved to each other......Freezing our nuts off I've got a pic i'll put up if I can get it smaller

Attached files

Comment

Nice VF, this is the second bike I got in NZ... part of the family

The memory lane trip.. I wish I still had this

this would still be fun too!

Comment

And my current baby that I've had since new, she's 13 now

Comment

Have a 1996 Suzuki RF900 that I have owned for 19 years . Motorcycling rocks .

Comment

is that a speedmaster? choice :thumbup:

and alex showing his age there

Comment

Always fancied one of those VFR's Brucy. I don't think I ever heard a bad word said about them. I wasn't so keen on the ZZR as I had my eye on the Suzuki GSXR1100L in Black. Never got one sadly :cry: Wouldn't mind a blast on your Triumph though.....Nice piece of kit 8-)
                        Just dug up another old, old photo(which might age me even more John ) In the background is my first sports bike....Suzuki GT750. Better known as the "Kettle" I think they fetch good money now. If only I'd kept the cars and bikes I've had over the years I think I would be pretty well off now If I ever get the money I reckon one of the new Norton Dominator's could be on the cards :mrgreen:

Attached files

Comment

is that a speedmaster? choice :thumbup:

and alex showing his age there

she is a Speedie... it was my slippers and smoking jacket bike after the VFR!

Those pics of the old bikes are great Cap
                          Can't get those Kettles for love nor money!

Wouldn't mind one of the these though if the trumpet gives up the ghost

Heh gdj, those RF9's got a great right up as an all rounder, I used to have the baby RF6, nice easy forgiving bikes

Comment

Had a new 360 Honda in 1975 , then a Ducati 750 GT . 1975 Honda CB SOHC 750/4 , 72 Norton Commando 750 , then for later mid life crisis the RF . Coming up to 100,000kms . Corbin seat , repainted , Yoshimura muffler and higher sceen as I`m 6 ft 2 inches and 60 years old .

Comment

That Ducati looks bloody gorgeous 8-) I reckon I would be crippled if I spent any amout of time on it. 20 years ago I would have been all over something like that like a rash

Thats a pretty respectable line up gdj 8-) Kudos to you sir :thumbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X