motorbiking, motorbiking.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Ducati looks bloody gorgeous :

supermodel bikes: look gorgeous & probably a good ride the first few times! but you know that they will be hard to live with and bloody expensive to maintain
    “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

Comment

That Ducati looks bloody gorgeous :

supermodel bikes: look gorgeous & probably a good ride the first few times! but you know that they will be hard to live with and bloody expensive to maintain
      Hit the nail on the head there!

Comment

Kind of goes for supermodel anything really, doesn't stop me looking at them, but... its was a nice day today, I've got one week left of this pain in the ar## brace on my leg so I jumped in the car with a mate and drove past all the Navy Ships in the harbour... some nice equipment then had a perv at some bikes and they looked drop dead gorgeous. The Norton with the Ali tank was number one for the day. The Ducati was a behemoth of a bike (240mm back tyre, real mines bigger than yours stuff) but weighs next to nothing and the Scout... it's growing on me

Comment

I do like those Nortons 8-) It's the kind of bike that could save you from a watch addiction :thumbup: ..........Probably because they are so expensive. Whatever happened to the notion that bikes were "affordable transport"?
          Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

was in the triumph dealers this morning arranging a day of skullduggery tomorrow, have a test of a street triple, a KTM 690 duke and a bit of a wild card in the suzuki V-strom. they had the triumph thruxton R in too but at 25k and with the looks of a gorilla on a moped i think i will have to pass wednesday is the MT09, R1 and R9T. i think it will actually be between the triple and the KTM thumper. while all the others are nice and good at what they do, they are a little too close to the MT-01 in some areas each. the 2nd bike is just for short blat hoonery so a triple or single would be the obvious choices.
            will keep you posted.
            oh yea, sat on a suzuki boulevard 109R :D :D :D :D i cant wait to be too old to get my leg over :thumbup:

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!

Comment

Go for the triple John

I took one out for a weekend prior to getting my speedie and I just couldn't stop pulling wheelies crazy

I absolutely loved it... the point of me trading in the VFR was to get a slippers and smoking jacket model so I settled for the speedie but I love the triple, brilliant bikes and brilliant write ups too

That Thruxton R is a beaut not going to be trading up soon because you are so right Cap, nothing affordable about these puppies. They had a Ducati in at cyclespot for $119k

Another Norton

And the thruxton r (pic off the web)

Comment

Did the Triumph dealer have a "Street twin" in stock? I haven't had the chance to look at one in the flesh, so I would be keen to hear your thoughts if you get the chance to have a look. Don't take time out from your skullduggery though :thumbup:

You must have posted as I was Brucy. Some more delectable machines :mrgreen: My Mrs is having kittens worrying about me getting another bike I've told her I'm older and wiser now
                It's not just the initial price tag of the bike itself, but the ongoing running costs that get me. When I was riding everyday tyres were gone in around 2 and a half thousand miles, chain and sprocket sets in 5000, oil and filters every 1500 and the list goes on. For example, my z650 cost more to run than my car at the time (BMW535)

Comment

Did the Triumph dealer have a "Street twin" in stock?
                  didn't notice mate, they had a street cup in which was quite cool, basically the twin but with drop bars and tray seat fitted. i think they are kicking the arse out of the cafe racer theme a little but some of the things they are churning out seem to be worth it.
                  i'll have a look tomorrow and park my gooch on one :thumbup:

Comment

saw the street twin in the basement awaiting show floor fluffery, nice bike and not too bad a seating position. not sure how tall you are alex bit it seemed to be more for the vertically challenged than normals, im 5'11" and felt "compact" but it was nice. the triple was bloody good fun but alas this is what the rest of the world saw...

i tried so hard to ignore it but it was just too small for me it went like a stabbed rat though! i played on the Vstrom and it sent me off on a tourer tangent and so today i ruined a brand new MT09 Tracer and loved every minute of it so im going back on friday to confirm my initial thoughts and if i ever see a contract, will be purchasing one tootsweet :thumbup:

i gave the tyres a bit of a run in for them

Beastie in the background, dressed in the traditional new zealand male attire of Stubbies (2sizes too small) and a hunting&sh!ting electrostatic generation shirt also 2 sizes too small :thumbup:

Attached files

Comment

unfortunately my budget doesnt quite stretch to the shiny one...

Attached files

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to look at the Street Twin John :thumbup: I am a tad shorter than you at 5'10" but no less dangerous I can remember doing a transition from a CB900 to a VF1000 and I was staggered at the way I became more part of the bike due to the frame, tank and bar design. The CB was one of those bikes you kind of perched on, so I'm thinking it may just be down to what you are used to.

My Mrs doesn't want me anywhere near any rocketships nowadays especially with NZ roads the way they are so I think this Triumph could fit the bill. (Traditional looking and not fast = Mrs is happy) The only thing putting me off is that I think the bloody things are made in Thailand of all places. Nothing wrong with Thailand of course but a Triumph made in Thailand just doesn't sit right with old school me. Anyway, hope you enjoy your imminent purchase :thumbup:

Attached files

Comment

Gotta love those single sided swing arms just sexy as. That street twin looks nice Cap. That why I have my speedie as I know I can't trust myself to be sensible with the power of the dark side

Interesting view on the triple John. When I took one out it was the whole feeling of being almost on the front tyre that put me off. Having been used to fairings you get a sense of space in front of you, probably all an illusion of course but it's there nonetheless. My cruiser has that space feeling to too, but the raw unfaired forward position just adds to the fragility of the situation.

What about the triumph scrambler Cap? Nice set up and I see Ducati have got a scrambler out too

Comment

it actually took me a wee while to get used to the disconnect between me and the front wheel! the mt-03 & 01 are all very forward, the wee 03 was like a motard in the corners and most twisty stuff was tackled at speed over the front wheel the tracer version of the 09 i rode has a fixed front and longer travel forks so the wheel seemed to be miles away, i did notice a very light and vague feeling from the front when pushed hard but brand new "budget" tyres and being 80kg lighter than the 01 appears to be the likely cause more than any flaw, when i used the brakes to dig the front in just before i tip it in, no dramas. first bike with traction and abs and i must say i like it. it does make the rider a little lazy though! in the corner you can just wind it open and let the traction control sort it out which i can see making for some artificially competent riders, who will find themselves in all kinds of hurt should they ever play on an older "seat of pants" based bike. i know a lot of folks cry about TC and ABS as pointless or overkill but im sure when the moment comes and you need it, it will be your best friend
                            a mate of a mate (classic) had a Harley for years, rode it when the sun was at 85-93deg in the sky, humidity below 82, cloud cover under 1/8th....basically he put 3k a year on it! tried his mates Duc scrambler, sold Harley, bought Duc & now is never off the thing. great fun, forgiving and rumour has it you can turn it round the bends!!

Comment

What about the triumph scrambler Cap? Nice set up and I see Ducati have got a scrambler out too

I've looked at both of those Brucy and neither of them do anything for me for some reason. It might be something to do with the "duel purpose" thing, or perhaps the symmetry of them looking at them from each side (I have a thing for symmetry )

Comment

The Problem with all these high tech spec bike that have more chips in them than the local Chinese takeaway is Maintenance costs .
                                What is wrong with a good ole Thumper 650 bonnie
                                All you needed was a pint of oil in the saddle bag , $20 in your hip pocket for fuel, a couple of spare spark plugs and the mandatory drip tray for the leaky crankcase .
                                and if you wanted to soup it up you threw a set of Ape hangers on .
                                Problem now solved
                                Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Working...
                                X