No announcement yet.

motorbiking, motorbiking.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear you Pete, and know exactly where you're coming from. Had a mate who owned a 650 Thunderbird.....He had to wear plastic carrier bags on over his boots, and tighten every nut and bolt after every trip. British Engineering....You can't beat it mate
    P.S I don't look good in carrier bags :P
    Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

I have had a lot of bikes over the years but am finding the Thruxton R the best ever. (As with my Springdrive Divers Seiko - does everything well)

Attached files

Comment

Nice shot Horos... is that you?

Comment

If only - I may have the bike ,but not the ability. I enjoy it at my own real world level.

Comment

If only - I may have the bike ,but not the ability. I enjoy it at my own real world level.
            My 96 Guzzi Sport weighs in at over 200kg, to my barely 70 with my clothes on so I've always had to get pretty physical to get her around a bend but once I worked out how to hang off, she just felt like she was on rails, even at real world speeds. Theres good "how to" content on youtube if you care to filter out the chaff

Comment

Whilst I definitely agree with both John(DW) and Pete about the electronics packages available on modern bikes today,I feel the main problem,particularly in Taranaki,is our awful roads.
              On the better roads available,ABS,TCS,slipper clutches etc. are brilliant.
              Naki roads = right pain in the arse.
              Most fun you can have,Whanga saddle,350m straight,trying to sneak past your brother,front end dive under brakes,sweet.
              Then,ABS kicks in,confuses itself,cuts braking to front because of the bloody brake ripples left by trucks,looking at a bank at 90 kph coming into a 30 kph posted corner.
              Somehow,in .05sec you've talked yourself into releasing the brakes and having another stab.
              Get down the saddle,into Whanga,undo your helmet and it shoots off your head.
              Apparently,you've managed to swallow your nuts,forced them as high up as they'll go,just under your helmet it seems,in order to preserve your manhood.
              Funnily enough,I'd have piss bowled my brother and the corner,on my old '98 vfr800 sans electronics,except fuel injection.
              Just like watches,the latest everything is sometimes more liability than useful.
              Motorbikes rock.
              Nothing beats that adrenaline rush they give you.
              Keep the black side down guys.
              All the best for a safe holiday period.
              Pete.

Comment

Good account beastie! I hate those tarmac ripples from the trucks, they just kill the corner for you Went down from Auckland to Rotoiti for a weekend trout fishing and biscuiting on the lake at a friends batch on the weekend. Gorgeous weather for the 250km ride and did the obligatory stop at the Red Fox for a half and a stretch, but no end of bunnies on the road that seem to want to crawl into the middle of the road and not let you pass or so far up the car in fronts backside for fear of losing their place in line if cars that is going nowhere anyway, you need to double pass. Some nice country roads and the scenery when your on the bike coming down into the lakes was gorgeous, big thanks to the big guy and NZ for a splendid view and fine weather

Comment

So,it appears the DW wasn't happy with the mt-09.
                  Had the dubious honor of picking it up from a local garage with facilities to perform ECU adjustments.
                  Where am I heading here,just wanted to say,"this bike shoots waayyy above it's station".
                  When,like myself,you are closer to your death than your birth,this bike is a definite contender.
                  Small,light,responsive and plenty of power/riding aids, and, panniers for travelling.
                  If not a Jap hater,well worth a look as a reliable,friendly scoot,with a dark side.
                  Just ask the mad Scot/(Kiwi).Quite the bike.
                  And the triple howl.The full Akra system will only improve that.
                  Safe riding Johnny.Hope the maiden voyage was a good one.

Comment

it is a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing for sure.
                    the trip down was superb, the biggest difference to the bike is defo the saddle, the sergent seat is superb, little wide looking but once your hairy cushion is on it, it is on it for the long haul. the remapped engine pulls like a train and 2nd/3rd/4th gear pick up is shockingly quick, if the traction control is off its nothing but sky until 5th gear
                    i have noticed the hand guards do create some issue at more entertaining speeds, they seem to start a bit of a speed wobble that; if not corrected can become...disconcerting!
                    loaded up with my ample frame, tail bag and 2 fully loaded panniers and any drop in performance was pretty much a moot point, the engine loves to howl and the wide bars make nipping around the various mobile chicanes a breeze.
                    if you are not quite dumb enough to go for an MT10 SP then the 09 is a top choice :thumbup:
                    Akro expected around end of may
                    “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                    Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Went up to the opening of the new Harley shop on Auckland's north shore, same owners as AMPS in Mt W and the new Electric Harley was up there. Have to say it's different. I like the fact that it's different, probably because it doesn't look like a Harley! Very thin and definitely has that futuristic look about it.

Comment

The blonde sitting behind it wasn't bad either!

Comment

Gents, I'm pleased to announce that at 16:30 this afternoon Tracey and Thumper became the proud parents of a baby boy, weighing in at 631lb he's a strapping lad. a family photo for now. by the end of the summer Max will be out and about on his own after a few teething problems are worked through...

Attached files

“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                          Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Where is that like button when you need it??
                            Tony Lewis
                            New Zealand

Comment

Nice

Comment

Yamaha...another incredible Japanese brand. Like Seiko they do everything incredibly well at all segments of their markets.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I was a one watch guy until I got my first SEIKO

Comment

Working...
                                X