Longines / Sinn insurance offer.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longines / Sinn insurance offer.

Sinn has gone and insurance Co has offered a Longines Legend Diver date as a replacement .
    Nothing else close to the Sinn in NZ .
    Yes it must be from NZ ..AD.
    Must be new.

So what to do.
    A cash payout = 1600 after excess.
    And scour the second hand market.

Or take the Longines and flip it.
    Not saying I would flip it but it doesn't exactly excite me from pictures.

Taking into account a flooded used watch market.

Can't even find a nz price for the longines .

Thoughts and ideas.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Sinn has gone and insurance Co has offered a Longines Legend Diver date as a replacement .
    Nothing else close to the Sinn in NZ .
    Yes it must be from NZ ..AD.
    Must be new.

So what to do.
    A cash payout = 1600 after excess.
    And scour the second hand market.

Or take the Longines and flip it.
    Not saying I would flip it but it doesn't exactly excite me from pictures.

Taking into account a flooded used watch market.

Can't even find a nz price for the longines .

Thoughts and ideas.

I'd be inclined to take the cash unless the flip value of the longines makes up for the associated hassle and uncertainty of trying to sell it.
    “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

first up, what happened to the sinn?

LLD 2nd hand with full set will hit you for around $1500-1800us so from 1.8 to 2.4nz. so the potential to make a few bucks is there! if you can be arsed with the selling.

there are a few places that have the lld new for around 2.8nz, I picked mine up in Aus for 1.8aus. Could you argue the Sinn replacement price? use for a few bucks up and try for a Tudor then sell it on TM as an All Blacks approved time piece :thumbup: guaranteed to help defeat anything other than lions

edit: just had a look around and you wouldn't pick up an EZM5 for less than $3500nz new? did you agree a replacement price or is their opening offer? if its an offer from them I would reply with replacement quotes from define, chronomaster, jura, Gnomon and Sinn to show how low their offer is.
      “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
      Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Quick Google shows Joma Shop
        Selling LLD $1495usd.
        Not a lot to be gained accepting LLD to make a few bucks after paying excess of 500 nz.
        Offers are based on valuation by our friends Gemlab.
        Be interesting to know if they got more quotes. .
        Think Monday phone call is needed for explanations.
        They not even close to replacement price

Comment

A key point they keep bringing up is what is available in NZ.
          And we know not a lot from AD'S

Comment

Contact Sinn and ask who their New Zealand AD agent is - I suspect it will be Define or Sinn direct. Get a quote from either and fwd it to insurance coy. May take a bit longer to arrive but you will get what you want.

Comment

yup, Define is the Sinn agent for Australasia / Oceania. it is the first place Sinn will direct you, unfortunately in most cases but his ridiculous pricing could work in your favour this time :thumbup:

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!

Comment

After a little chat or 3.
                They have agreed first option was not acceptable .
                Although they are firm that it must come from a nz dealer.
                When u look at the range available in NZ it really sick.
                So they have gone to partridges.
                to find something equivalent .
                I suggested they try Mansors while they are at it , if Mansors have nothing they will import it.

Comment

They need to replace watch, but you have to buy from a NZ AD, is that correct, up to approx NZD3.5k right?

Comment

Yup in a nutshell

Comment

Has to be new or they start reducing $$$$ I think

Comment

I think you may be on to a winner then. they will struggle to find anything similar to an EZM5? they could say the longings got is a get but its not case hardened and is an entirely different design as with any other watch they produce. you could ask seiko nz to import a watch? or just hold out until they give up and get a new replacement from define which is the AD for NZ as stated on their webpage and sinn's dealer contact page.
                        or isn't there a Kobold NZ AD somewhere around here

Comment

damn forgot about Kobold , good idea .
                          will email them a link and see what they say.. Must email H and see what his prices are .
                          Trouble is the damn insurance company has a rep for demanding discounts from their suppliers

Comment

whats the latest on this pete?
                            any word from the insurers?

Comment

Still ongoing, :roll: :roll:
                              They have made it clear that they won't bring in from overseas as they don't do shipping or import tax.
                              The watch or equivalent of the watch must come from within NZ .
                              They have been in contact with their suppliers ( partridges, David Keefe etc) who have been unable to find an equivalent watch to the
                              Sinn U2.
                              Freeking heck , I could have told them that and saved them the time wasting .
                              Nothing back on if they found anything at Mansors .... But do you think Mansors would lower their price enough to meet the insurance companies discount they demand . Not sure Mansors could be bothered ..

Have sent emails off over the weekend so expect some answers or direction on Monday.
                              If no answers on a suitable replacement on Monday , I shall change tack and demand a review of the cash payout
                              and see if we can agree there.
                              If agreement can be reached on cash then I will go to TKNZ,s Sale sect ( plenty eye candy there at the mo) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X