No announcement yet.

What's your snifter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've become quite partial to the smooth peely walley whiskers these days for their simple drinkability!

careful you dont step on your petticoat there darling
    “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

Comment

careful you dont step on your petticoat there darling

Coming from the Tijuana Brass man I may just borrow yours

Comment

Water brings out custard creams apparently! Supposed to taste very smooth but haven't tried it... I think we need some tasting notes pig!

Noted, Mate. Your wish is my command. In December, when I get there I will bring some of the Solist for a GTG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a whisky & watch GTG... dangerous

Comment

Water brings out custard creams apparently! Supposed to taste very smooth but haven't tried it... I think we need some tasting notes pig!

Noted, Mate. Your wish is my command. In December, when I get there I will bring some of the Solist for a GTG

Had one at ours years ago. Harlan, Pedro, the late Doctor and myself. Ange said never again.
          'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

This will happen, Mate. I promise

Comment

Thought I would give this a go. Special bottling apparently. I'm always a little uneasy moving away from my beloved Ardbeg, but I am pleasantly surprised :thumbup:

That's looks like it has a nice mellow finish, honey characteristics on the palate and a hint of heather on the nose I've become quite partial to the smooth peely walley whiskers these days for their simple drinkability!

Heck Brucy, have you had this stuff before Smoother than a waxed velvet purse, and rather too easy to drink..... :D
              Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

It's a Speyside malt, they don't come any smoother, even the Irish which is pretty smooth can't match the lightness of them... it is certainly the water of life, feck I'm getting all teary eyed now

I reckon it has to happen, can we talk Ange round? Tell her she's world famous on TKNZ for agreeing to another one!

Comment

Ange is partial to diamonds Brucy ... even then I don't rate at chances. Lol

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
                  Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Thought I would give this a go. Special bottling apparently. I'm always a little uneasy moving away from my beloved Ardbeg, but I am pleasantly surprised :thumbup:
                    BenRiach is one of those whisky's that often fly under the radar of the big boys , But they make a nice Dram and well worth the money :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
                    Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Ange is partial to diamonds Brucy ... even then I don't rate at chances. Lol

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
                      We'll do another one. We just won't tell her.
                      'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

reading some of the comments above mate you could split the evening up and have a ladies night for all the "easy on the, floral, hints of gum boots drying by an open fire" lot & then have a mans night for the "o'crap im blind, sheep dip FTW, tastes like a burning hospital" crowd :thumbup:
                        “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                        Always aim to be that man.

Comment

reading some of the comments above mate you could split the evening up and have a ladies night for all the "easy on the, floral, hints of gum boots drying by an open fire" lot & then have a mans night for the "o'crap im blind, sheep dip FTW, tastes like a burning hospital" crowd :thumbup:

We could just combine the two and give each other shite all night. we've been doing it for over a thousand years, that's why we have such great sports teams... half of them want to drink sheep dip and the other half want to talk about roamin in the gloamin!

Diamonds... think will diamond white cider suffice?

You have to warm the taste buds up at 10:00am with the subtle floral, robertsons marmalade characteristics before you lunch on the rich textured tapestry of Highland Malts then steer into the fire and brimstone of the southern Islay stables like Lagavulin, Laphroaig and Bunnahabhain. The ladies can Uber off and the men can mix hot ash from the fire to get the smokiness up!

Comment

Eeny meeny miny moe... Finish of the evening with a wee dram... or two!

Hope everyone had a relaxing day. Have a safe holiday

Comment

• Scouser
                              Scouser commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Arrrrr...at last, my fave....."The Glenlivet"........also my A.K.A........

Not your standard Jim!

It would be a scandal to mix whisky with coke... but whiskey doesn't get a second thought

I was coming through Duty Free recently and my wife like a bourbon and coke now and then and when there is a drink being offered regardless of what it is I feel obliged to partake.. for fear of not being rude of course!

But I find the standard Jim awfully sweet and Wild Turkey a previous preference has shot up ridiculously in price lately, so I saw this and thought I'd give it a shot. I'll never be sold on it a straight sipping drink but it is certainly a step up from the norm.

Comment

I see Wild Turkey have just hired Matthew McConnaughey for several years as their creative head of advertising so that explains the price hike. Im sure he doesn't come cheap !
                              My karma ran over your dogma

Comment

Working...
                              X