No announcement yet.

What's your snifter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about as you see it brucy. Not a drop for the feint hearted, but kind of grows on you. As a side note, my cold symptoms have all but vanished
    Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Whisky Galore has the Isle of Harris gin in! Sure to be a fine drop so I must order some... reminds me of a trip almost 30 years ago following the Jacobite trail and ended up spending a long weekend on the staunch Calvinistic Presbyterian isle where you had to know the right person to find a drop on a Sunday! Wearing a Celtic top probably wasn’t one of my better fashion moves...

Comment

beat you by about 90min Z is a fan of the gin and I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality to have the odd refreshing tall one !

that and the fact i spent a large portion of my childhood driving between Lewis and Harris with my grandfather delivering bobbins and collecting tweed. he had an old Citreon H van, i can still see it now, happy days.

for those too young to recall...

Click image for larger version

Name:	856203.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	47158
        Last edited by deerworrier; 28-11-18, 17:48.
        “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
        Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• mechanalogue
          mechanalogue commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that van, really really love that van!

Originally posted by deerworrier View Post
        beat you by about 90min Z is a fan of the gin and I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality to have the odd refreshing tall one !

that and the fact i spent a large portion of my childhood driving between Lewis and Harris with my grandfather delivering bobbins and collecting tweed. he had an old Citreon H van, i can still see it now, happy days.

for those too young to recall...

Name:	856203.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	47158
        That’s an awesome story! Doesn’t come much more remote apart from the next stop up being the shetlands

I have to say the hospitality on both those isles was fantastic.

Comment

Just making sure Santa’s preferred refreshment is up to standard!

Very smooth, reminiscent of a Speyside but a little bit more Smokey

Comment

Wifey gave me the 18 yr for Xmas! And I gave me the 12 yr for Xmas. Both B E A utifal Whiskys! Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	47682

Comment

Name:	DSC04045.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	47723 Feeling slightly pickled after this festive period. Regardless, I will be into this one tonight. I do like Islay whisky​​​​​​​

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	49114 Had a couple of glasses of this......awesome!
                While i'm not as good as i once was.....i'm as good once as i ever was.......!

Comment

Name:	
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	49116 Hi guys....OK what do you drink it out of?.....heres a "few" of mine.....
                  While i'm not as good as i once was.....i'm as good once as i ever was.......!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouser View Post

Name:	
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	49116 Hi guys....OK what do you drink it out of?.....heres a "few" of mine.....
                    Nice collection of glasses there Scouser! Hope that Liverpool one is from the the Daglish era

Comment

• Scouser
                      Scouser commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah mate.....the good old days.....bwaharrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Nice one Scouser. Here is a small selection of my glasses.

Name:	DSC04082.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	49180 I think all are those promotional glasses you tend to get at Christmas time. The small Ardbeg glass is for any guest who has the audacity to have designs on my.......I say again, MY stash of amber nectar. The large glass on the right was a gift from the Mrs, who told me she'd seen Daniel Craig drinking from one in a James Bond film, so I save that for when I feel like a secret agent and also extra special drams.

Comment

• It’s a bit cliched at the moment but drinking a wee Oban, and they are always a pleasure to savor

Comment

• You have to love this stuff... it’s a license to buy whisky!

Comment

Working...
                        X