Help if inherited whiskey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help if inherited whiskey

Hey thanks for having me on the forum, I’m a whiskey fan but have been stumped when given a whiskey by my in laws as part of an inheritance.

it’s called “lammerlaw” 10 year New Zealand malt whiskey and with the research I’ve done on it I understand it came from a distillery in Dunedin New Zealand that was decommissioned in 2000.

the box smells a tiny bit musty and with the close of the company in 2000 is over 20 years old.
    I have not taken the bottle from the box but opened the top to see a green bottle inside.

can anyone here comment on the taste or experience they have had with the Lamerlaw whiskeys?

Can’t see how to edit my post so further to it... I would like to try and figure out roughly how old the bottle of whiskey is? It’s over 20 years obviously but how far back could it go?

thanks for any input ahead of time,

Comment

Hey it's probably listed in the Michael Jackson book... I just had a look but recall stupidly lending it to someone... just can't remember who!
      Harlan
      Timekeeper Watch Club
      New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

The Michael Jackson book?

Comment

I'd guess that Harlan is possibly referring to this book? The author seems to be an notable expert on the subject.

I was actually in Dunedin earlier this month and drove past the place they used to make it with my Dad, he remembered the place from his university days when it was still actively producing whiskey. Started off as Wilson's Distillery in the 1950s then became Willowbank in the 1970s. This article shines a bit of light on what you have there I think - based on the dates the author provides your bottle could be anywhere between 25 to 35 years old I would think as the Lammerlaw name started being used on the 1980s.

G

Comment

Yip,

I'd give you mine, I used to have 3-4 of them, I know I gave away 2, lent one... should still have 1 but can't find it in the war zone.

Was a really good book, used to use it most days actually lol

https://www.amazon.com/Whiskey-Definitive-World-Michael-Jackson/dp/0789497107

Click image for larger version

Name:	51gXhTyyidL._SX377_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	63287
            Harlan
            Timekeeper Watch Club
            New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Here you go... $25 + P&P

Malt Whisky Companion by Michael Jackson

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketpl...1?bof=AuePECrm