my sea dweller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my sea dweller

Just taken delivery of a lovely Rolex that needed a band adjustment by my favourite watch crew, Precision Watches.
    I've only had it on my wrist today and I think it's going to be a gooden.
    As usual, I reserve the right to put it on a spiedel stretch band if the current one aggravates my skin.
    It's pictured with my old Morrie(which has just been sold), the end of an era. Its my last vintage car and sadly it brings to a conclusion a long period of my being a vintage car nut.
    :D

Attached files

Congratulations George, a very nice watch indeed I bet it was sad to see the old Moggie go though. I'm pretty sure there are a fair few members who have put their SD's on a rubber/silicon type band and imho it looks a good option if the bracelet does not work out. I reserve the right to hunt you down and throw you into a deep dark pit if you put that lovely watch on a Spiedel stretch band mate
    Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Congratulations George, a very nice watch indeed I bet it was sad to see the old Moggie go though. I'm pretty sure there are a fair few members who have put their SD's on a rubber/silicon type band and imho it looks a good option if the bracelet does not work out. I reserve the right to hunt you down and throw you into a deep dark pit if you put that lovely watch on a Spiedel stretch band mate

I think there might have been some Spiedel stretch bands in the giveaway bag doing the rounds...
      Tony Lewis
      New Zealand

Comment

Don't encourage him Tony
        Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Thanks for your comments ...Alex my Moggie will end up in Rangiora being owned by an English lass that is passionate about Morries. :D

Comment

Congratulations George. All the good people have a Sea Dweller 8-)
            'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

Thanks Paul, So far on my wrist for 48 hours its not caused me any bother,its timekeeping is great...gained one second. I keep mentaly comparing it with my Spring drive Seiko and I believe the Seiko to be a tad nicer to look at, but not as comfortable a bracelet. The Seiko did keep spot on time but it is a type of quartz.
              At this point I will stay with Sea Dweller cos bracelet is comfortable. :D

Comment

Thanks Paul, So far on my wrist for 48 hours its not caused me any bother,its timekeeping is great...gained one second. I keep mentaly comparing it with my Spring drive Seiko and I believe the Seiko to be a tad nicer to look at, but not as comfortable a bracelet. The Seiko did keep spot on time but it is a type of quartz.
                At this point I will stay with Sea Dweller cos bracelet is comfortable. :D

Have to be honest. As much as I love my Sea Dweller, it will never keep better time than any Grand Seiko. The only watch I own that keeps better time than my GS is my Seiko Astron.
                'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

Funny. I was just saying to beastie this morning and told emblder last week, while I really like my blue dssd it will never be even half the watch the mm600 is. Titanium, gmt and spring drive push it way out of the rolex league. Maybe a hi beat diver will quell my ills :D
                  “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                  Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Funny. I was just saying to beastie this morning and told emblder last week, while I really like my blue dssd it will never be even half the watch the mm600 is. Titanium, gmt and spring drive push it way out of the rolex league. Maybe a hi beat diver will quell my ills :D

When is it arriving, will be interesting to know your thoughts/review

Comment

Yes the GS does look better but it isnt realy a good comparison as the GS is not a dive watch....I dare say it would flounder. Both bloody nice watches tho

Comment

I am such a bad person. I swear Im going to hell six times over for my watch collection alone

Comment

I am such a bad person. I swear Im going to hell six times over for my watch collection alone

You won't be alone, Guzza..
                          Tony Lewis
                          New Zealand

Comment

beautiful piece! love the SD.

Comment

Well I have had this on my wrist night n day for 16 days now, and the metal Rolex band has not annoyed me. So I am pleased. I have even showered with watch. Very impressed :D The timekeeping is great showing an average gain of 1.5 seconds per day :D Thats got to be tops for a mechanical watch

Comment

Working...
                              X