Bremont Supermarine S500, initial impressions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bremont Supermarine S500, initial impressions

I was looking for a Sinn EZM13, a no-nonsense military style mission timer. I wanted a totally practical watch I could wear anywhere in the world.
    What I ended up with was this Bremont Supermarine, which is pretty much the direct opposite on the toolwatch scale. This watch is like a work of art, Im afraid to bump it on a desk let alone take it diving...
    As soon as I saw it the S500 spoke to me – it said: “Feck the ugly old EZM we can be Special Friends. Even though Im a very expensive one I will be worth it because every time you see me I will put a smile on your face.”
    And I couldnt really argue with that.
    Seduced like a sucker by fine lines. Im probably not the only man in the world to have said that

Perfectly proportioned almost art deco face with unusual high-tech body is a great combination, a true design triumph of retro-futuristic fusion imho.

It was like if I didnt have this particular watch on my wrist Id be missing out. I guess thats a good sign.
    Oh my god – have I fallen in watch-love? Am I getting married or something?!
    Sheeet – knew I should have gone for the EZM...

Attached files

My karma ran over your dogma

jesus christ but you are a very lucky man , this is my secound all time favourite watch and have lusted after one for a long time , i many times thought about selling the bulk of my collection to be able to afford one of these, did you buy it new or get a good deal on a secound hand one , very very jealous ,well done 8-)
    'why tip toe thru life ,only to arrive safely at death'

Comment

Great review Jake, really made me :D and a stunning watch as well. :mrgreen:
      “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Stonking watch Jake Just reading your post I can see that you are smitten. I think Bremont's are issued to "Kingsman agents" so you are in good company. 8-) The only Bremont I have handled oozed quality and attention to detail and I knew then, that someday I would have to stump up the cash to get one. I know the company has had it's detractors in the past especially with the "In house" controversy, but I for one would love to own one. Looking forward to your post about the first time you ding it :thumbup:
        Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

Yes, to misquote a certain song : - "The first ding is the deepest"... :D
          I bought it new in Sydney, Shandy, but with a very healthy discount. I wouldnt call it a particularly expensive watch compared to many we see on the forum - certainly far less than the Tudor Pelagos I was goo-gooing over recently. Having said that it is going to require some sacrifices - my Sumo 50th for a start.

Comment

Awesome looking watch. Very nearly bought one about a year ago. Thanks for making me regret not getting it.
            'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

Awesome looking watch. Very nearly bought one about a year ago. Thanks for making me regret not getting it.
              +1. But it was the black with black bezel version but had was the earlier model with the day / date wheel in black on white which I'm not a fan of. Much prefer the symmetry of an all same colour dial with the day / date in white. Had another look at this version on a steel bracelet on Friday but still think it's the black one I want...

Comment

Yes the black version is more classic and the safer option. The green takes it off into another bold direction and I suspect its either love it or hate it. For me it adds even more to the interest of the watch (hopefully I will keep thinking that) and I love the two-tone bezel, they have managed to get some serious lume into it.

Comment

I like the green. It's different.
                  'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

Yes the black version is more classic and the safer option. The green takes it off into another bold direction and I suspect its either love it or hate it. For me it adds even more to the interest of the watch (hopefully I will keep thinking that) and I love the two-tone bezel, they have managed to get some serious lume into it.
                    If you ever want to sell it, let me know. :thumbup:

Comment

I have the LE model with black case,with the green and black bezel.
                      I think DW may have used it as a prop in one of his photo shoot teases.
                      I had to agree with John,it'd been safe-warming for about 6 months,but on getting it out,it's a bloody nice watch and perhaps a little tougher than given credit for.
                      Too many watches,not enough wrists.
                      Can't get the 009 to leave me alone at the moment.
                      1st world problems are a real bitch

Comment

Holy sheep Sheit.....
                        you need to be careful beastie, you are rapidly approaching a post count of nearly one per year!
                        “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                        Always aim to be that man.

Comment

I was going to celebrate the fact,but thought it may come across a bit wanky.

Comment

Beautiful looking watch and love the green... adds a radioactive element to the design
                            \"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes\" William Gibson

Comment

So much pretty! Is it named after a Spitfire airplane? It's always cool to hear about others' little affections and what makes them happy. It's the shiny little things in life...

Live long and prosper.

Comment

Working...
                              X