No no that's called "enhanced character" love it :thumbup:
    “I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Gonna get in before Aloha get his camera out and shames me . ops:
      A macro Lume shot

Attached files

Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Gonna get in before Aloha get his camera out and shames me .
        A macro Lume shot

Good idea smart phone shots from me, not true macro ops: ops: Fun to play though :D :D

Attached files

\"Everyone needs a hobby\" James Bond, Skyfall

Comment

Wait for me, just finish my friday night pizza 8-)

Comment

Was just about to say "Get in before al0ha!".

[br]
            1. \"Luck is merely preparation meeting an opportunity\"
            2. [br]

[br]
              [br]
            1. My WAYWOF photo archive
            2. [br]

Comment

Before we start... What's the difference between close-up and macro?

IWC Pilot's Cronograph

Comment

a decent camera!!!!!!

Aloha, those macros are simply stunning.

peace
                "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It can not be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell" - Buddha

Comment

back in the Naki and waiting for some weather bomb or other so this looks like a fun way to kill a saturday :D al0ha, those are superb shots. for those that fancy a wee try at macro but not the outlay, i use a cheap as set of extension tubes, very limited usage but still fun reached the limit of hand held me thinks, where did i put the tripod

Attached files

“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                  Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Top photos there everyone. Especially from Aloha and Deerworrier - the depth of field and composition in your photos is amazing! Goes to show what having the right equipment and a keen eye for the shot can do. It's a crappy Saturday out, so I may have a play with this too - cant see myself reaching the heights that Ilya and John have set though...

Comment

first off, Steve......great idea for a thread.
                      all my scratches :D
                      without doubt my favorite :D

so, last 2 before i give in and hunt down the tripod (or maybe even do my job )

the Eterna in all its 60yr old detail with imperfections and age marks for all to see 8-)im in love with the gramaphone sub-dials

looks like cast iron hands.

bugger work, this is way too much fun

Attached files

“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                      Always aim to be that man.

Comment

Gotta agree John, this is quite addictive. More shots with non macro camera . Check out the lume patina on my Dads old Seiko. Craters of the moon

Attached files

“I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

a decent camera!!!!!!

Aloha, those macros are simply stunning.

peace

+1 :thumbup: Thanks for shedding some light for us Aloha. I went in to Harvey Norman a while back to look at cameras and wondered why their higher end cameras with macro settings were unable to come close to duplicating the shots you post :D I actually have an OLD Pentax SLR with a few good lenses and macro settings in the dungeon somewhere that takes the most amazing shots when you get it right (read lucky ) but its such a mission to develop and digitize. Any suggestions you might have on DSLR camera choice for beginners would be most appreciated

Awesome thread Steve :thumbup: :thumbup:
                          \"Everyone needs a hobby\" James Bond, Skyfall

Comment

My version.

Scraches...

Comment

daylight attempts. :roll:

Attached files

Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Awesome thread Steve :thumbup: :thumbup:

Totally agree! Fun, entertainment and no boring crap posted! Well done everyone, keep them coming!

Any suggestions you might have on DSLR camera choice for beginners would be most appreciated

To be honest I don't want to give any advice anymore You don't have to have a super-puper camera in order to take some good looking shots. An entry level DSLR and a good lens will do it, some post-processing and may be a bit of magic on top

I don't think the way I take photos/process them is right/kosher/what pro will do, it's more of a way I want my photographs to look like.

So yeah, keep them coming!

Omega

Comment

Working...
                                X