No announcement yet.

Show us your Macros / Close ups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right last few then i really need to be working some superb pics here, top effort agree with al0ha here, all the gear helps but patients and trying a few ideas win out most times.

found the tripod so a bit more focus but the tubes do have limits...........

Attached files

“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
    Always aim to be that man.

Comment

John,

Try longer exposure and higher F-stop for better DOP (Depth Of Field), tripod and an in-built self-timer (2sec is enough) or a remote always help to avoid any unwanted shacking when your push the shutter button! Report results here

Comment

Try longer exposure and higher F-stop for better DOP (Depth Of Field), tripod and an in-built self-timer (2sec is enough) or a remote always help to avoid any unwanted shacking when your push the shutter button! Report results here

im supposed to be working bugger it, gear back out and lets play. i use a cable shutter releaseon a nikon d7000 with a 70-300 lens. going to try the 50mm fixed for a few and should point out to all that for each pic posted by me i take about 10 that are deleted!!!!!

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!

Comment

superb mate, went all out to f22 and a 5sec exp brilliant, going to play some more and see what i can redo from this mornings efforts :D

1st quick pic, rolex 5500 f22 5" all marks are on the lens!!!! a clean before progressing

Attached files

Comment

Still playing. Winders and some gold ingots.

Attached files

“I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

Pasha de Cartier Seatimer

Comment

One of the planet ocean

Attached files

Comment

Awesome pics everyone.

DWC wrote:
                  Any suggestions you might have on DSLR camera choice for beginners would be most appreciated

To be honest I don't want to give any advice anymore You don't have to have a super-puper camera in order to take some good looking shots. An entry level DSLR and a good lens will do it, some post-processing and may be a bit of magic on top

I don't think the way I take photos/process them is right/kosher/what pro will do, it's more of a way I want my photographs to look like.

Thanks Aloha, that's all the advice I need :D :D Was bored in a mall yesterday while my darling was shoe shopping and took these with a Galaxy S3. I think passers by thought I was wierd

Attached files

\"Everyone needs a hobby\" James Bond, Skyfall

Comment

ooooh! casebacks :D

bit dark but enjoying playing with the settings to get it spot on.

Attached files

Comment

Case backs it is then....

Attached files

“I want to touch base on how we’ll synergize the pivot going forward”

Comment

allfeckingrightythen, just spent 1hr pissarseing around with a million and 1 settings to get a few good shots of the Eterna's plexi! its not immediately obvious from most shots but its a huge piece of dome that sits above the dial and for me is one of the watches crowning features, so i settled on the 2 below. now all i need to remember is to clean the lens and watch before taking pics as macro does no favours to minute specks of dust

Attached files

Comment

Beat up old Samsung 4mp digital, macro on, flash off, zoomed in a bit, shot through the microscope.

Anyone care to tell me what I was working on?

Attached files

"Even a broken clock is right two or three times a day." -- Goofy.

Comment

partial lume close up on the sawtooth .

Attached files

Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

partial lume close up on the sawtooth

the things you can achieve when work doesnt get in the way nice pic

is it a Watch? what do i win?

Comment

the things you can achieve when work doesnt get in the way nice pic

Quite enjoying this enforced break , but it can't last forever
                                Now would the person who voted on the tudor poll "to get a job"
                                Please contact me ... I will take what ever you have

Beat up old Samsung 4mp digital, macro on, flash off, zoomed in a bit, shot through the microscope.

Aint never gonna get close to guessing that
                                Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Working...
                                X