• Show
Clear All

• Sir Ed

Now wouldn't this be nice!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4303...ction-for-sale

WHAT?!? ...it's not on TradeMe!? :?

But I can see why!

Q: Any scratches? Dings?
    A: Yeah, some. My dad was a mountain climber.. so yes, as expected.

Q: Do you still have box and papers?
    A: Ah.. no, it was given to my dad as a gift some years ago.

Q: Where was this purchased, please? Do you still have the receipt?
    A: It was not bought--just a gift that we received in India..

Q: Can we meet at Mansoor to get it authenticated before paying?
    A: No, sorry the watch is overseas at the moment, being listed for sale elsewhere.

57 unanswered questions.

..."Withdrawn by administrator"

On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

This is actually quite messy.... for whatever reason, his widow wants to sell the watches but it seems his own family are against it... there is actulally a lot more to this.

I think the atches will be quite cheap...

http://www.3news.co.nz/Lady-June-ver...7/Default.aspx
      Harlan
      Timekeeper Watch Club
      New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

I still think these are undervalued... possibly due to the circumstances - what you do people reckon??
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club
        New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Am i correct in saying that the "explorer" model Rolex was actually produced as a tribute for want of a better word to Sir Ed himself, how then can a value be placed on the motivaters own watch? .I am on the kids side with this one although legally the widow probably has the right to do whatever she pleases Paul, the Udegail is truly extraordinary thanks
          I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Paul, the Udegail is truly extraordinary thanks

Im having one now and it is good isnt it. :D
            'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

I just read up this whole sorry story. It really is shocking. It's interesting that most of the sites state that the watches have been put up for sale by the Hillary family, when in fact the only one wanting to sell them is Lady Hillary. Somethings are not meant to be sold and I think his watches should be passed to his children. Very, very, very sad.
              The Way of a Warrior is based on humanity, love, and sincerity; the heart of martial valor is true bravery, wisdom, love, and friendship. Emphasis on the physical aspects of warriorship is futile, for the power of the body is always limited - Osensei

Comment

Good that sense has prevailed, his wife cannot sell them ,they're to go to his children...

Comment

Good that sense has prevailed, his wife cannot sell them ,they're to go to his children...

That's really good news.

Here's the story for those that haven't read it yet.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/sir-...return-3892535
                  The Way of a Warrior is based on humanity, love, and sincerity; the heart of martial valor is true bravery, wisdom, love, and friendship. Emphasis on the physical aspects of warriorship is futile, for the power of the body is always limited - Osensei

Comment

I was also pleased that the Govt said NO..
                    I believe the watch Sir Ed wore during his conquest was a SMITHS, Tenzing wore a Rolex, and of course no one is sure which of the two actualy was up first!
                    I was talking to a cuzzee (genuine) of a certain lady and it would seem many are very upset at the money grabbing ....enough said!
                    Just so sad for such a bloody nice guy...he deserved better

Comment

Hawkeye I agree !00%
                      I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Working...
                      X