Its Friday - what are you wearing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Friday - what are you wearing??

A stik insect of course... this thing was in our wet room when Nancy found him (or her :? ) - here he (she :? ) is on the wall of the saloon...

We took him (her :?) outside for to catch some breeze...

All over the Spring Drive - guess stik insects don't have too much care for time... he (she :? ) was changing colors all the time - like da comelion

His best move was this, the 'go into an arrow and pretend I'm not here more mega camo mode' - maybe a good one next time you're in the Mall for avoiding that annoying friend that you don't like anymore... or never did.

With horror I noticed today my Glide King was 3s fast and not in 1 year+ has accuracy been so poor... bear in mind I have NEVER hacked the seconds hand... guess it is probably because I dropped him on the floor yesterday.

Oh, wait, 'NO' - he's not affected by trifling problems like that. Must have been the Stik Insects fault
    Harlan
    Timekeeper Watch Club
    New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

... him (or her :? ) - here he (she :? )...

Anorexia is probably more common in female. :P

Nice pics, by the way. :thumbup:
    On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

In most cases anorexia is a female malaise I would agree however I am very definitely of the male persusion and I have been afflicted by it for ages now ,eh Nancy so not exclusive to females only. Just call me sticky. On my anorexic wrist today a Breitling colt, God I'm a boring little toad , same watch just a different day .Now ponder this
      when NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300°C.
      The Russians used a pencil. welcome to NZ Hillary
      I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

In most cases anorexia is a female malaise I would agree however I am very definitely of the male persusion and I have been afflicted by it for ages now ,eh Nancy so not exclusive to females only. Just call me sticky. On my anorexic wrist today a Breitling colt, God I'm a boring little toad , same watch just a different day .Now ponder this
        when NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300°C.
        The Russians used a pencil. welcome to NZ Hillary
        What kind of pencil do you think they used?
        'I hope, when i die, my wife doesn't sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.'

Comment

There are 12 inches on a ruler Queen Victoria was a ruler and she ruled the seven seas. In the seas are fish, fish have fins, the Finns fought the russians, Russians are,for the most part, red. Pencils can sometimes be red and sometimes black the letters on a ruler are black there are 12 inches on a ruler...... How the f#*& would I know that
          I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

...Now ponder this
            The Russians used a pencil...

Quote from Omega-Fanatic.com:
            "NASA sent two Systems Engineers into downtown Houston to purchase several reputable “off-the-shelf” chronographs to be tested for possible use in space. Five different brands of Chronographs were purchased and returned to NASA for testing. After the first round of tests, two of the five brands were disqualified. And, after the second round of tests, only one wristwatch, the “Omega Speedmaster Professional,” survived. NASA ordered several more watches of each of the brands tested, including 12 Omega Speedmasters. NASA paid the retail price of $82.50 (in 1965 money) for each Speedmaster and arranged for a final series of tests to finally determine the best wristwatch to use in space.

The tests were completed on March 1, 1965. At the completion of the tests, three of the chronographs from different manufactures were still running, but only the Speedmaster had passed without any of the serious discrepancies encountered with the others. The Omega Speedmaster was adopted by NASA as the “Officially Certified Wristwatch For All Manned Space Missions
            "

The Russians beat the Americans to put a man in space in 1961, probably because they didn’t even bother to commission a watch for space flight. Yuri Gagarin just wore the Shturmanskie pilots wristwatch that he was issued with from the air force. :roll:

Hi Hillary ...I hear your husband is a WIS.
            On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

What else , SUMO ,on leather .
              Not as FLASHY as the bracelet but Sooooooooo comfortable .
              Besides who needs Flashy when you have Quality 8-) 8-)

Attached files

Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Guns and Roses today.. Yellow dial and six shooter that is..

Orient Star 200m Revolver..

Cheers
                Tony Lewis
                New Zealand

Comment

Here is my new arm candy. Only time it leaves my wrist is to sleep! Beautiful watch! Thanks to bigdog for selling it!

Seiko SRPO43K2

Attached files

Comment

Something a little different . Finland today :D

Attached files

Comment

Nice evening down at the beach...

Cheers
                      Tony Lewis
                      New Zealand

Comment

Sorry to cheat, I wore it today but the weather isn't particularly photo friendly. Excuse the iPhone shot from the Rangi Ruru Girls School fair last Sunday. Seiko SHC041
                          [br]
                        1. \"Luck is merely preparation meeting an opportunity\"
                        2. [br]

[br]
                          [br]
                        1. My WAYWOF photo archive
                        2. [br]

Comment

Wow - very nice shots anzac1957 & Romeo

Sorry to cheat, I wore it today but the weather isn't particularly photo friendly. Excuse the iPhone shot from the Rangi Ruru Girls School fair last Sunday. Seiko SHC041
                          Nice evening down at the beach...

Cheers
                          Harlan
                          Timekeeper Watch Club
                          New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Long time no post But Friday is always Sub-day! Sneaky Emerson Karambit hiding behind it.

Comment

Working...
                            X