Friday watch.. 12 November 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday watch.. 12 November 2010

Orient World Heritage LE that uses Oient Star Royal calibre movement..

Cheers
    Tony Lewis
    New Zealand

(Just to be a little cheeky… :P )

Citizen Promaster E210 Chronograph that uses a similar Eco-Drive mecaquartz movement as the Citizen Campanola Caliber 9800, without Moonphase... both are currently the world's only column-wheel controlled mecaquartz chronos.

On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Old pics, but this is what's on my wrist this morning.

When I go to work this afternoon I'll change to this.

The Way of a Warrior is based on humanity, love, and sincerity; the heart of martial valor is true bravery, wisdom, love, and friendship. Emphasis on the physical aspects of warriorship is futile, for the power of the body is always limited - Osensei

Comment

AArrgghh - nice watches kids - Casio is toughest but Don's could almost be more accurate (oops- is that Casio a Time Signal Job?) - Tony's beautiful Orient will be pretty inaccurate compared to the other 2 I suspect however the closest to the purity so many of us seek (i.e. Submariner 'Purity') - nice Sub too Kokyuryoku just btw, some serious hardware indeed (what model SIG SAUER is that, some parking wardens just up the road annoying us locals my slingshot isn’t cutting the mustard).

Buggar me (Lol) but I don't have a camera at hand... I'll be back. (said in a really serious sounding 'Arnie' type voice)
        Harlan
        Timekeeper Watch Club
        New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Can't match the quality of some of those watches above me
          Today my humble Titanium M-Force diver

Attached files

Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

AArrgghh - nice watches kids - Casio is toughest but Don's could almost be more accurate (oops- is that Casio a Time Signal Job?) - Tony's beautiful Orient will be pretty inaccurate compared to the other 2 I suspect however the closest to the purity so many of us seek (i.e. Submariner 'Purity') - nice Sub too Kokyuryoku just btw, some serious hardware indeed (what model SIG SAUER is that, some parking wardens just up the road annoying us locals my slingshot isn’t cutting the mustard).

Buggar me (Lol) but I don't have a camera at hand... I'll be back. (said in a really serious sounding 'Arnie' type voice)

Thanks Harlan, yes the Casio is a time signal job the gun however, is just a prop. It's an air pistol. I'd love the real thing, but alas they're not allowed over here either.
            The Way of a Warrior is based on humanity, love, and sincerity; the heart of martial valor is true bravery, wisdom, love, and friendship. Emphasis on the physical aspects of warriorship is futile, for the power of the body is always limited - Osensei

Comment

Some very nice pieces on show today. I particularly like the Casio. (Can you get those here?) And, were you driving whilst taking the Rolex shot. If so, you must be a very talented man
              Todays watch for me has been my old faithful Breitling. I can still, after 11 years of ownership, look at it 3 or 4 times and still not know what time it is.

Attached files

Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

-Video

Love that SHC041! Probably one of the more affordable watches on the list, but for some reason it's really grown on me.
                Great choice for a swim at the western Corsair Bay (Lyttelton) on a hot Friday night :D

[br]
                1. \"Luck is merely preparation meeting an opportunity\"
                2. [br]

[br]
                  [br]
                1. My WAYWOF photo archive
                2. [br]

Comment

Changed to this Orient Star World Time for the evening..

Cheers
                  Tony Lewis
                  New Zealand

Comment

Lots of great looking watches.:thumbup:

Some very nice pieces on show today. I particularly like the Casio. (Can you get those here?) And, were you driving whilst taking the Rolex shot. If so, you must be a very talented man Todays watch for me has been my old faithful Breitling. I can still, after 11 years of ownership, look at it 3 or 4 times and still not know what time it is.

That's a really nice Breitling :thumbup: Don't worry I was stopped at the time I took the shot Also, I don't know if you can get them in NZ, but I'd think you should be able to order them on the internet.

I've actually just changed watches (yes, again) so now I'm wearing this Casio :thumbup:

Comment

early night for me! nothing fancy here, :? Going with classic piece
                      GooOOoo Thunderbird!

by the way any quick tip how to take a nice close up watch shot?

Attached files

I\'m not anti-social; I\'m just not user friendly

Comment

Beautiful Thunderbird :thumbup: I've found using the macro setting, a tripod and the timer function to give the best results :thumbup:

Comment

by the way any quick tip how to take a nice close up watch shot?

I think you're not doing too badly there, actually, but +1 on Kokyuryoku...

I've found using the macro setting, a tripod and the timer function to give the best results :thumbup:

Some one else also asked us a while ago too. See: http://timekeeper.co.nz/viewtopic.php?p=1186#p1186
                          On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Wore my 7A48-7009 :D

Attached files

'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Hard to get a decent pic with all this sun!!

Anyway, semi formal gathering last night and I wanted a slim and classy watch, so went with my hand wind CSAR and an Emerson Horseman to go along with it

Comment

Working...
                              X