Waywof Friday 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waywof Friday 19th

Pedro sent me this in exchange for a ridiculously small amount of money .My second Orient but the first titanium watch in the collection and the first watch I have with a power reserve indicator I love it .. friends you are not going to believe this but I have managed to upload the picture all by myself, problem is I am buggered if I know how I did it

Attached files

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Cool! I was wondering where that went to. Guess the folks on TM miss out on this beauty :P

It's a very unique piece, and just shows how individualistic Orient can be. On titanium, I dislike the weight, but love the feel of it on the skin. PR is great for start-ups, and will also tell you whether you're normally active enough to achieve full-wind (so it kind of judges you :? )

...problem is I am buggered if I know how I did it

...just remember what you drank. Drink the same again, and you should ace it again. (..drink more of it, and you'll be compiling binary source codes in no time )

Come Friday, I think I'll wear my Seiko KEZR.
    On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Don I will have you know that it hit the wrist at 11 am with about a third full on the needle. I went to work and the next time I looked about 15 minutes later the needle was on full power .Plty I wasn't,, by 2 pm I was stuffed and had to go home for a rest.As for uploading stuff ?? reckon I have cracked this pictures on the computor lark .Another success on the watch out forum , Peasy weasy eh? BTW whats a binary sauce code is that like hollandaise? sounds yummy

Comment

I must start looking in to this brand.

I luvvv titanium watches and this piece looks great. What would the retail for one of these be? Anyone? :roll:

I have been wearing my NEW titanium piece this week. The Meg has been pushed to the case for a while. Yes I do mean NEW. My original 20,000ft decided one day to slow right down and then stop.

On getting it collected by Charmex Switzerland and without it for five weeks they diagnosed a faulty date wheel cog that had broken a tooth and jammed inside.

Their guarantee is, "If you can break it we will replace it". I guess I must have done as they made me another and I got it last week including another two year warranty. :D Even better made than the first example, and the finishing lines are far sharper. Lets hope it's more reliable

Attached files

Comment

Dave! You've killed a 20,000 FT ...Congrats on the replacement, and look forward to hearing more about its accuracy (I remembered your original did very well on that).

I luvvv titanium watches and this piece looks great. What would the retail for one of these be? Anyone? :roll:

I believe this model has been discontinued, so you can't get them any more. However, there's a couple of sellers in the States who still has stock (though in white and cream dials only). Please PM me for the links. Cheers!
          On the instruments we entrust to pace our lives, to bear witness to our days, and to be the keepers of the most precious thing we have... time.

Comment

Where"s some nice vintage one"s guys,lets see some :D Im wearing my Delma 25 jewel

Attached files

'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Would you believe I've looked at my beautiful Panda at least a dozen times today, and I still couldn't tell you what time it is

Attached files

The best watch is the one that makes you happiest... and tells the time.

Comment

When do you expect the Rolex George?

Comment

I went with my Hamilton Khaki Navy GMT today...

Attached files

Comment

Customers Monster sent for regulation, quite enjoying wearing it actually... after much messing round it's timekeeping is pretty much as good as it'll get, about 5 seconds a day quick with me wearing it, on the bench timer its 3 seconds quick over the positions - the watch will probably need a full overhaul and clean if its timing is to be further improved. I think these are only given target parameters of something like +/- 15s-20s per day from the factory - they're not what you'd call 'balanced, flowed, ported, polished and blueprinted' :D

Wow - the Seiko Chrono you have there is a beauty oldtimer, such amazing watches those, incredible history really. Don I am looking forward to seeing some more pics of the KEZR mate, looks interesting. Dave's 20k is a Monster, I can hardly belive it had a fault its so massive... good on them for being great and re-newing the Warranty now thats SERVICE, the watch itself almost looks managesbale from that angle, even though we know its probably not (Lol). Pete love the Delma and the Case KNife used as a prop is awesome (better than the concrete things used on Trademe the other day (they were just brilliant!!) - psyched I love the Hamilton... actually I love pretty much anything which has a rotating inner bezel (great things, dont often Fall Off) and wonder that strap, stitched leather is it?

Yeah - so much Bang 4 Buck w/ Orient, a great watch that (partial to Power Reserve myself also)

No - we don't believe you (Liz, you did this didn't you)!!

friends you are not going to believe this but I have managed to upload the picture all by myself
                    Harlan
                    Timekeeper Watch Club
                    New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Thanks Harlan, I really like the Hamilton - the strap is a factory rubber one, but the red stitching looks good I think

Changed to the Movado for the rest of the day

Attached files

Comment

Harlan, How are you going to raise the glass to the gob tonite after wearing that monster all day :D :D
                        'Man Invented time, Cyma Perfected it.'

Comment

Orient Star World Time on a brown leather Bund strap.. This one has the Nato Stock Number (NSN) on the back of the strap.. 6645-12-145-6415..

6645 is the code for time measuring instruments
                          12 is the code for Germany

Cheers
                          Tony Lewis
                          New Zealand

Comment

Cool psyched I love people who swap watches out like that, awesome you're true WIS. The info on the Orient caseback is detailed and interesting isn't it Tony... like the bund, quite cool and very retro imo... I used to have my 1st Seiko carefully worn like that - as for Pete, that's a stupid question

Harlan, How are you going to raise the glass to the gob tonite after wearing that monster all day :D :D
                            Harlan
                            Timekeeper Watch Club
                            New Zealand, Pacific Ocean, Earth

Comment

Wearing the Old Seamaster to work today. I have no idea how that light box got in to the photo ops: Sorry Harlan I know you hate them..hahahah ( at least it was taken outside ) :D

Attached files

Comment

Working...
                              X