Vintage Omega Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Omega Help

Hi all, came across this little gem the other day not being a vintage fan i know nothing about it, iv'e spend a few hrs on the web however did not find much :evil: so any help would be great :thumbup: Cheers Aaron

Attached files

It is an old watch..

Sorry best I can do.. :D

Did you buy it?

My advice for what it is worth, is to get a few wooden toothpicks and gently remove the crud around the case.. then get a Cape Cod polishing cloth to give that case a nice shine..
    Tony Lewis
    New Zealand

Comment

YIP, also has M,R,Robbins 25-12-38 engraved on the back

Comment

Great.. Does it run when wound??

You might want to post your question over here..

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/

Cheers
        Tony Lewis
        New Zealand

Comment

yeah runs ok, rather get it looked at before winding to much, i will check out watchuseek. cheers

Comment

Looks like the movement may be from around 1935..

http://chronomaddox.com/omega_serial_numbers.html

Cheers
            Tony Lewis
            New Zealand

Comment

AAAHHH That would be Murray Robbins Known by his mates as muzza, came to NZ on an assisted passage from Scotland arriving in Auckland Nov 1922 aged 16 . Got a job at lion Breweries in Khyber pass rd as an apprentice brewer but deep down he would rather have been distilling scotch . I don't know what he would have got the Omega for, If he bought it or it was a presentation and guess we will never know now. Muz served with distinction in the Egyptian desert with Monty and the boys attaining the dizzy rank of Lance corporal, He returned to NZ at the end of hostilitys and,after a brief period as a raving alchoholic, returned to his job at Lion . Sadly the muz died in January 1949 while working the night shift at the brewery .Apparently he drowned in a 600 gallon vat of Lion red and the story goes that he had to get out 4 times to relieve himself before he succumbed very sad . He is buried up at Waikamete not sure of the actual grave location sorry

For providance (and breast examinations ) that can be relied on Call 0800provideme and ask for Tony
              I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

HOLLY CRAP !!!

Attached files

Comment

AAAHHH That would be Murray Robbins Known by his mates as muzza, came to NZ on an assisted passage from Scotland arriving in Auckland Nov 1922 aged 16 . Got a job at lion Breweries in Khyber pass rd as an apprentice brewer but deep down he would rather have been distilling scotch . I don't know what he would have got the Omega for, If he bought it or it was a presentation and guess we will never know now. Muz served with distinction in the Egyptian desert with Monty and the boys attaining the dizzy rank of Lance corporal, He returned to NZ at the end of hostilitys and,after a brief period as a raving alchoholic, returned to his job at Lion . Sadly the muz died in January 1949 while working the night shift at the brewery .Apparently he drowned in a 600 gallon vat of Lion red and the story goes that he had to get out 4 times to relieve himself before he succumbed very sad . He is buried up at Waikamete not sure of the actual grave location sorry

For providance (and breast examinations ) that can be relied on Call 0800provideme and ask for Tony

Hi Tony,

Have you remembered you are not a real doctor??
                  Tony Lewis
                  New Zealand

Comment

Hi Tony,

Of course Tony is a real doctor.
                    He's got has a doctorate in WHISKY after many years of research .
                    Maybe he should change his user name to The Professor
                    Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

Hi Tony,

Of course Tony is a real doctor.
                      He's got has a doctorate in WHISKY after many years of research .
                      Maybe he should change his user name to The Professor

and windows are like putty in his hands..
                      Tony Lewis
                      New Zealand

Comment

whats really funny is i just found one on ebay with no hands and there asking $500 nzd hmm maybe a good watch for TM :thumbup:

Comment

Tony I am a real doctor And , I have a piece of paper to prove it . (keep this hush hush because it will be all over trade me like herpes on a whore ) On a trip to Hong Kong some years ago I found this asian guy selling doctorates from half a dozen well known universitys and you could be whoever or whatever you wanted for about the same price as these really nice watches he had also . Naturally I was in with grin and now I am a doctor ( Just like Russell Norman but without the desire to hug trees ) I would take a picture of my framed degree but unfortunately the ink faded so you are just going to have to trust me on this one
                          I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

That's excellent Doc, you should start a forum about you :thumbup: then maybe everyone can talk about watches, probably a bit more interesting

Comment

Back to the watch in question.. a vintage Omega 'trench' watch went for nearly $500 on Trade Me recently.. so you have made a great find..
                              Tony Lewis
                              New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                              X