Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mechanalogue
    replied
    No I don't think it is a genuine Seiko crystal. The pic shows the genuine Seiko package on the right (For my 6119) and the one from Otto is on the left.
    Yes the new crystal is a lot more shallow than the original. The watch maker fitted it cross ways. I was expecting it to be long ways however I think I prefer it cross ways. Easier to read the dial and Ive seen some with what looks like the original crystal mounted crossways.
    At least I think the one on the right is genuine...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1090173.JPG Views:	1 Size:	147.1 KB ID:	42765

Leave a comment:

• harlansmart
    replied
    So the replacement from Otto's is another genuine SEIKO part, but less tall... or thinner, and you installed it with the facets going cross ways not long ways, correct?

Leave a comment:

• mechanalogue
    replied
    Mate, I'd pretty much given up on getting a replacement crystal, a genuine one at least. But I just googled 6106-7729 crystal and followed my nose until I positively located one at Otto Frei. They were exceptional to deal with considering they didn't realise they were out of stock. They emailed me promptly and gave me the option of a refund or an extra week's wait. They also clarified which mail service Id prefer. A week later I got confirmation that it was in stock and had been dispatched. Three days later it was in my letterbox. $20.00 US plus postage which wasn't much from memory.
    Part Number 300WA2GCOF.
    I like the new crystal because being less prominent means its easier to read the time and less likely to knock it around.
    Craig.

Leave a comment:

• rolex
    commented on 's reply
    I take it this will be unveiled at the Xmas Party being held at Beastiez tomorrow??

Those digi-ano's often display those types of characteristics.. it's ok normally.

• rolex
    commented on 's reply
    Nica dude... so often all an older watch needs, to bring out its character is a new glass eh... nothing else, just a new glass.

Looks awesome mechanalogue

• rolex
    replied
    Tell me about the crystal... what have you installed exactly?

Below, was scratched up OEM was it, and now??

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1564.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	42749

Originally posted by mechanalogue View Post
    WooHOOO!
    The crystal while a less mountainous as the original, has actually improved both the look and practicality of the watch. Very happy boy. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090155.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	42736 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090156.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	42737 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090157.JPG
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	42738

Leave a comment:

• mechanalogue
    replied
    A couple more shots!

Name:	P1090159.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	42746 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090158.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	42747

Leave a comment:

• mechanalogue
    replied
    Aaaand...

Name:	P1090162.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	42742

Leave a comment:

• mechanalogue
    replied
    WooHOOO!
    The crystal while a less mountainous as the original, has actually improved both the look and practicality of the watch. Very happy boy. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090155.JPG
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	42736 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090156.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	42737 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090157.JPG
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	42738

Leave a comment:

• deerworrier
    commented on 's reply
    im hoping they make a better job of hand alignment on the finished product, as the hour hand above has a lot of catching up to do in 5min!!

• deerworrier
    replied
    June 02, 2018 16:31 Geneva - Switzerland Shipment picked up
    June 04, 2018 09:44 Auckland - New Zealand Processed at Auckland - New Zealand
    picked up on a saturday afternoon and arrived in Auckland on the monday morning!
    following a direct path thats 18,600km. im guessing the pick up was local time so that would be 04:31 NZ time making it a 53hr journey, at 351KPH so surely it can make the last 361km overnight?
    we shall see...

Name:	Alpina-AlpinerX-Outdoors..016.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	42677

Leave a comment:

• harlansmart
    commented on 's reply
    Know about MassDrop... someone I know of recently bought a GLYCINE from MD for NZD350

He sold the watch a while ago on TM for a 400% profit

It was instantly recognisable my the 'MD' on the box.

• Sarbie
    replied
    Well done chua but i deleted the post when i realised all the images had names that totally gave it away. FAIL on my part there...since you already know lets see if anyone else gets it.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	42532

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	42533 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	42535
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sarbie
    commented on 's reply
    i nearly picked one of these up too SJB. Nice score!

• sjb
    commented on 's reply
    This one came from Massdrop in the USA. It's a sort of crowdfunded mass purchasing type of thing. Check them out, there are good deals on watches all the time. This was the first time I purchased after lurking for ages, was quite surprised by the $6 postage considering they sent it with DHL. Oris, Ball, Orient, Seiko, Glycine and Victorinox seem to pop up a lot. The more people who commit to purchase, the cheaper the price. Absolutely chuffed with this one and confident should something else come along.
Working...
X