gonna take time to work out what the 8 ball is for

Leave a comment:

• LeroyC
    replied
    Originally posted by pedro44
    everybody loves messing with my head
    Will go out on a limb here and suggest its a
    "Minus 8 chronograph Diver"
    You’ve got the easy bit right Pete - chrono diver. I’d be worried if you couldn’t get that though. Haha!

Leave a comment:

• pedro44
    replied
    everybody loves messing with my head
    Will go out on a limb here and suggest its a
    "Minus 8 chronograph Diver"

Leave a comment:

• LeroyC
    replied
    Haven’t been able to do this quite a while so thought it was time for some more fun:

Leave a comment:

• Sarbie
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats! I should have updated here too but threw my KS on daily wrist shot a few days ago. Mine is sweet too. They wear small though aye? I guess refined may be a better perspective, classy even. ha ha

• Sarbie
    commented on 's reply
    P.S. My turtle is one of my favourite watches and regularly is in rotation. So comfy too!

• Sarbie
    commented on 's reply
    funny...I'm trying to stop thinking in $500 lots equating to watches so i can put those lots towards a snowflake.

• mechanalogue
    replied
    Arrival today. Quickset works a charm. The mark between 9&10 seems to be a spot of something on the dial. All other marks seem to be on either side of the crystal.
    Very happy boy.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sarbie
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the heads up Don...quickset operational and by habit i change the time first.

• mechanalogue
    replied
    Originally posted by Don View Post

Congratulations to both of you on the incoming

I'm sure you both are already aware, but just in case you aren't, I didn't want to keep quiet about the necessary care these two 56 Series movements require... Anyway, due to a design issue with the 56 Series of calibers, 90% of vintage 56xx today--including 56LM, 56KS, and 56GS—no longer have functioning QuickSet Day/Date. So, if your 56KS or 56LM still has a functioning QuickSet Day/Date, please help keep it that way by never using the QuickSet while the watch is indicating a time between 8 PM - 4 AM (The Danger Zone). As a habit, for every watch you own, always set the time first, so that you know whether the hands are in AM or PM position, i.e. find "mid-night" when the Date advances, then set the time accordingly. After that, set the Day/Date.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched watch reviews on YouTube where the reviewer usually demonstrates Day/Date QuickSet without actually knowing whether the watch is in AM/PM

Wear in good health!
    Thanks Don, I was actually ignorant to these facts so much appreciated. Fingers crossed its all working. $55.50 landed makes it worth the gamble I think. It's on it's way so will let you all know when it arrives.

Leave a comment:

• mechanalogue
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Sarbie, yep I was sooooo close to taking the Spring Drive. Absolutely the most beautiful watch I've ever had in my hot little hands. And yep I've had the SRP773 k1 for over a week now and it's even better than I was hoping. The Blue face and Oyster style bracelet complete the package just right.

• Tempus
    commented on 's reply
    Nice to see another couple of Seiko royalty joining the forum. My 52KS has been doing excellent service this week.

• Don
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarbie View Post
    everyones too busy methinks
    birthwach is...1973 king seiko hi-beat
    tracking has started so with ems it should be here this week.

Originally posted by mechanalogue View Post
    Click image for larger version  Name:	839753232.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.3 KB ID:	44337 Lord Matic on its way. Hoping it will be a buff, shine and wear with a smile...

Congratulations to both of you on the incoming

I'm sure you both are already aware, but just in case you aren't, I didn't want to keep quiet about the necessary care these two 56 Series movements require... Anyway, due to a design issue with the 56 Series of calibers, 90% of vintage 56xx today--including 56LM, 56KS, and 56GS—no longer have functioning QuickSet Day/Date. So, if your 56KS or 56LM still has a functioning QuickSet Day/Date, please help keep it that way by never using the QuickSet while the watch is indicating a time between 8 PM - 4 AM (The Danger Zone). As a habit, for every watch you own, always set the time first, so that you know whether the hands are in AM or PM position, i.e. find "mid-night" when the Date advances, then set the time accordingly. After that, set the Day/Date.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched watch reviews on YouTube where the reviewer usually demonstrates Day/Date QuickSet without actually knowing whether the watch is in AM/PM

Wear in good health!

Leave a comment:

• mechanalogue
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	839753232.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	44337 Lord Matic on its way. Hoping it will be a buff, shine and wear with a smile...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X