• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutted!!! I would be LIVID .
    Would be banging on courier office desk by now . :evil:
    Hope it shows up mate
    Rest easy Matty , My best Mate and Son

Comment

• Done that, they say get the sender to file a claim.

Meanwhile, some scumbag has got my watch.

Comment

• Done that, they say get the sender to file a claim.

Meanwhile, some scumbag has got my watch.

So what excuse are they using that says you can't file a complaint/claim.. is there any consequence for courier who dropped at wrong address?
        Tony Lewis
        New Zealand

Comment

• Any claim for loss has to come from the sender, as they are the one who paid for the service.

I can complain about it, but there's nothing I can do about the courier's incompetence, despite it being a fundamental failure.

Comment

• Could this be referred to the Police? After all , the location of delivery is presumably known, possibly with a signature and if said package has been opened and kept, then mail tampering and theft charges could result.
            Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

• +1 . I would be looking to nail somebody's butt to the wall.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yes it can, and I have. Someone is in possession of property that does not belong to them. According to the police, that is theft, and I have filed a complaint with them, as invited by them.

Comment

• The courier company have refused to give me a list of the other addresses delivered to on the day in question, but they cannot refuse the police. I have also put the delivery courier in the frame personally after tricking the manager into giving me his name.

I'm holding out zero hope but I dearly wish for the courier to feel some serious heat

Jim

Comment

• The courier is under no obligation to give out peoples addresses, and rightly so. I would give the courier credit that they will have at least delivered the package to the right town. Then look up all similar addresses and visit them to ask what time it is :thumbup:
                    Preparation and planning prevent piss poor performance

Comment

• Brilliant, thanks :thumbup:

I'm also closely examining the wrists of every person I pass in the street....

Comment

• jim. i have had this with a camera. the courier company delivered it and i saw it marked on the tracking as such, went down stairs and nothing at the door? called courier and asked for info, they did nothing so i went down to the depot and the girls there traced it to Napier?? the girl then said "dont worry, it will be GPS tracked at point of signature or drop off" so there is a chance your watch is sat in a mailbox or on door step somewhere as we all know what signed for actually means
                        you are quite right to contact the police as it is theft if the reciever keeps it. be aware that the old bill wont spend too much time on it so you will need to be on them. there is no reason why you should not recieve the watch after/if the police press the courier company for the tracking details.
                        my camera was finally delivered to me after the bloke it was delivered to took it straight to the napier courier depot, so there are still a few honest punters out there.
                        “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”

Despite having the numbers, there is the crazy man in the mountains that none of the tribes will go near!
                        Always aim to be that man.

Comment

• Thanks John, I'm trying not to allow myself the hope of it being sat somewhere yet to be returned, or the recipient of it suffering a guilty conscience, but the optimist in me keeps saying maybe.

I now have "Sinn" as one of my Trade Me saved searches...

Jim

Comment

• I await the outcome of this situation with close interest .... Too often The courier company write it off and just say claim..
                            Only then to argue over the value, or the old jewelery isn't covered bullshit.
                            Been there done that .

If it happened to me I would demand they replace the said item and not the cash .
                            But then I,m a antagonistic Bas#@%d when I get wound up,
                            even though I know it wouldn't work that way .

Seriously hopes it ends well
                            '

Comment

• Bloody nice watch - hope it gets resolved and you get it

Never had a problem myself, but always a bit nervous...

Did you find your Kazimon or Oris Pete? I'm looking for something with a bit of colour now, seem to have all black dials suddenly

Comment

• Gonna sweat on this one .
                                Waiting while it gores to mate in USA then redirected here .

Attached files

Comment

Working...
                                X